Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

How to estimate your score  

• 0/5

Author136 Posts

Yes Doomestic is right 2 digit score is not a percentile, you doing very good, if you have one more month then you could get a 99 if you put extra effort on it!

So congrats! see you soon...

hello friends
i took NBME form 4 and i got 640\247.......how do u estimate it? am i on the right track?
9 days only from my step2 CK exam and I'm aiming for more than 90
thanks

Edited by goodman on Dec 18, 2009 - 8:38 AM

I think you know the answer to that question... Good Luck!

Edited by VQmismatch on Dec 19, 2009 - 6:15 AM

grin

thanks for your support friends
pray for me
regards

Hi ... I'll be giving my step 2 ck exam in 8 days from now, I took my UWSA yesterday and it assessed me at 610/241. Is it still safe to take my exam in 8 days and score near that range, I am aiming for 96+. Would really appreciate a reply, Thanks!

Hi Pathfm

I think you should read this:

http://www.prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/84656/

Good Luck

Hmm ok I get the picture ... Thank you, appreciate your help.

Good Luck! rolling eyes

dear friends
thanks a lot for your support
special thanks for VQmismatch and maoudoody for their support
VQmismatch,thanks a lot for every post you put on this site & wherever
GOD bless you all your times
i received my score for the CK yesterday....
i got 99/249.....thank GOD

Nice score! congratulations!!! it correlated perfectly!!!!!!!nod

See you later...

hii V/Q

i m reading for ck now , i read ur article abt score correlation , but i m poor at maths so i failed to understand it completely

now i hav my exam in 2 weeks , my uw score is-76% correct , 92 percentile --all unused once done full

i did nbme 4 yday scored 81 % correct offline -- acc to ur table it comes to b 95 (2 digit score)

rt now i m reading explanations of last 3 blocks of uw i did , n then plan to revise and give nbme 2 online,,but i m really depressed abt this score tht nbme 4 i got..any advices dude how to improve( i gav step 1 in august n got 99)

hoping for ur reply

thanks

GL to u fr ur step 3

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Mono

Well according to you UW score your getting 99 for sure! 92 percentile!?!?! is very high score!!! congratulations, you need to score above 80th percentile aprox. to get 99 on the real exam so I think you are in a excellent shape for the exam.

Now about the offline NBME you need to check on the answers you find on the internet because they are very messy sometimes. To be sure I suggest you do Online NBME and you will see you will get more than 580 (99) in the NBME.

I am really impressed with the UW score! 76%!?! unusued? first time?? wow thats really nice...

see ya

hmm.....just started uw and .....solved 2 blocks only 64% correct!disapproval

64% is very very good for a start... in fact I averaged at around 65% and got 247 soo....

Edited by doomestic on Jan 30, 2010 - 11:08 AM

thank u doomestic for the encouragmentsmiling face

and congratulations for the prematch!wink

Thanks!

Don't fret over the percentage and percentile on USMLE world. Just make SURE that you read the explanations WELL. I mean really well. Do World entirely in Tutor mode, maybe with a few blocks here and there in timed mode if you are worried about time issues.

If you want to know where you stand, use an NBME.

exaclty, UW is tuff so look for the percentile not the percent.

50th percentile is like 88 to 90 in the exam.

now 65% percentile is 71

thats like a 97 on the exam...cool

doomestic wrote:
Thanks!

Don't fret over the percentage and percentile on USMLE world. Just make SURE that you read the explanations WELL. I mean really well. Do World entirely in Tutor mode, maybe with a few blocks here and there in timed mode if you are worried about time issues.

If you want to know where you stand, use an NBME.

thnks doomestic........am solving unused questions in a timed mode with every block 44 qs to train myself to time control

the hard part is reviewing answers ....it takes me at least 4-5 hrs to review a block.......very exhausting!rolling eyes

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

How to estimate your score
PLZ help! score estimate
ESTIMATE UR STEP 1 SCORE HERE!!
show Related resources

USMLE Score Estimator

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact