Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Psychiatry Programs and Criteria  

• 0/5

Tags: ,    
Author161 Posts

nodnodnodUniversity of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Program

Thank you for your interest in our program. We are accepting applications via ERAS only. You need a score of 80 or above on Step I and II of your USMLE on first attempt (no failures/no exceptions). No US clinical experience is necessary. We request that you graduated from medical college within the last five years. We sponsor J-1 and on occasion H1b visas. The deadline for applications is December 1, 2008

www.uihealthcare.com/depts/...iatry/residents/index.html

Edited by sadiq naveed on Jul 22, 2008 - 1:04 PM

nodnodnodYou can review information about our Residency Program online at:

psychiatry.uchicago.edu/edu...ducation/ed_residency.html

We only accept applications through ERAS. You can find ERAS at:

http://www.aamc.org/audienceeras.htm

We have and do accept International Graduates.

We do sponsor VISAS provided you can start on time.

We prefer 80’s and above on the USMLE.

We expect that all International Graduates are ECFMG certified and have US experience.

We also look for research experience or some additional education like a PhD or MPH.

We do not offer observerships within our Department.

Thank you for your interest in our Residency Program.

Edited by sadiq naveed on Jul 22, 2008 - 1:05 PM

nodnodabove programme is university of chicago programme

next is Indiana University School of Medicine Program

Indiana University School of Medicine
Department of Psychiatry
Residency Training Program

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Does your program participate through ERAS? Yes.
2) What is the deadline to accept applications? 12/31/08.
3) Does your program take International Medical Graduates? Yes.
4) What are the minimum score requirements for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2?
Step 1 minimum score of 85; Step 2 minimum score of 80.
5) Is ECFMG certificate required for application? Yes.
6) Does your program sponsor H1 or J1 visas? We sponsor J1 visas only.
7) Does your program require U.S. clinical experience? Clinical experience in the United States is helpful; there is no minimum time requirement.
8) Does your program have fellowship opportunities? Yes, there are four accredited fellowship program opportunities: Addiction Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry and Research Psychiatry.
9) Does your program have a maximum number of years to complete the program? The maximum amount of time allowed to complete the program is eight years if done half time.
10) What is the last day to provide the ECFMG certificate and Step 3 results to your program? The ECFMG certificate is required prior to the deadline for match preferences. For in-state licensure, Indiana requires that Step 3 be completed within seven years of the date Step 1 is passed.

Edited by sadiq naveed on Jul 22, 2008 - 1:07 PM

Dude, seriously what do you ask when you email these programs?

I sent 2 emails to University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Psychiatry Residency Program (uams) and no reply.........I see that they sent you a reply.

In my emails I jusk ask them to tell me about their eligibility criteria and that too only if its not on their website.

look ..its magic

anyway this is the mail i m sending them

Greetings

I am an international medical graduate.I have got honour of looking into your programme and i am interested in your residency programme.I am going to apply for residency this year in your programme.I have few questions regarding residency requirements of your programme

1) does your program sponsor visa to IMGS.if yes which visa do you sponsor?
2) Whats your minimum USMLE score requirement
3) How many years after graduation you are looking for
4) what are your requirements regarding ECFMG certifiacte and step 3
5) Do you need US clinical experience?what kind of usce do you need to apply?
6)do you need previous work experience to get into your programme
7)do you offer prematch position

Thanks

thanks dude !

Advocate Lutheran General Hospital Program ( DONOT SPONSOR VISA)

Dear applicant:

Thank you for your interest in our Psychiatry Residency Program. Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is a not-for-profit tertiary-care teaching, research and referral hospital licensed for 742 beds. Our main affiliation is the University of Illinois at Chicago. We will be accepting applications for the 2009-2010 academic year via ERAS only (www.aamc.org/eras). No paper, fax, or email applications will be considered. Our program is a 4-year training program with 3 positions available every year. We invite you to learn more about our program by visiting our complete brochure online at: www.advocatehealth.com/residency,select Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, then Psychiatry Residency.

Admission Requirements/Application

Our program considers applications from individuals who meet the criteria below:

• Are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (no visas are accepted).
• Have a passing score on USMLE I or COMLEX I and at least application for USMLE II or COMLEX II.
• Have no more than one failed attempt on USMLE I and USMLE II (or COMLEX I or II).
• Have graduated from a medical school within the last 5 years.

Applications are accepted only through ERAS. Application materials should include:

• ERAS On-line application hyperlink: http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/start.htm
• Personal Statement
• Curriculum Vitae
• Three letters of recommendation - If you are transferring from another program one of these letters must be from your current/previous Program Director.
• Dean’s letter
• Medical School transcript
• USMLE or COMLEX transcript
• If you are a foreign medical graduate, please submit a copy of your ECFMG certificate

NRMP code: 11764
ACGME ID: 400-16-21-257

Interview dates and deadline for applying
Interviews will be scheduled in between November 1, 2008 – January 31, 2009. The deadline to submit your application is December 15, 2008.

Thank you for taking the time to review our website! We hope it will answer your questions, but if you have additional inquiries or comments please let us know by contacting us via e-mail: LGH-psychres@advocatehealth.com or telephone at 847-723-5887.

Thank you for sharing Sadiq! smiling face
Do you call up the programs that do not respond to your emails?

You are way too nice for your own good. I might share after the match but not before. Don't get me wrong. Its not that I don't appreciate it but this is your blood and sweat. Others are reaping the benefits of your hard work for free.

It takes at least 10 minutes if not more to browse through a program website and make sure that the information you are going to email the PC about is not already listed. Multiply these 10 minutes by a hundred and something programs.......

General info like application querries and deadlines are fair game if one wants to share but not eligibility criteria. I just cannot bring myself to be that nice. I'd rather be known as the selfish bastard of the psych group.

lol cartman

i have not responded by three programme to which i sent email...then i use to google their website

That's what I do too. I am getting responses now from some programs.

Got your PM. I accepted your add on.

nodnodnodUniversity of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago‏

Thank you for your interest in the Psychiatry Residency Program at the University of Illinois at Chicago. But we will start receiving applications for PGY-1 positions for the 2009-2010 year on September 1st, and only through the Electronic Residency Application Service -- ERAS. Information on filing your application through ERAS is available at http://www.aamc.org/audienceeras.htm.

To be eligible for our residency program, your medical school transcript must show completion of at least four weeks of clinical psychiatry training and, for applicants who have graduated more than one year ago, at least one year of work in psychiatry or a related field (not necessarily in the US) after graduation from medical school.

The following requirements must also be met: graduation from medical school not earlier than 1999; USMLE scores not less than 80 for Steps 1 and 2 (3 attempts max total), passing CSA; ECFMG certification complete not later than February 1, 2009; and authorization to work in the United States; if a visa is required, we sponsor only J-1 visas. (We do not sponsor H1-B visas for residency at all.)10% of their current residents are IMGs, they conduct interviews from Nov to January. They do not offer observerships, externships, nor matches outside of the match.

For information about our Program you are invited to explore the Residency web site: http://www.psych.uic.edu/education/residents This program is accredited by the ACGME, and we participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).

The UIC Department of Psychiatry web site at http://www.psych.uic.edu will let you see the scope of the research being done here and give you more information about our faculty, as well as their web pages.

Edited by sadiq naveed on Jul 22, 2008 - 1:12 PM

Sadiq,

I got this exact email from University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago‏. Do you know if this 4 wks of clicnial training in psych during med school is a requirement for licensure in the State of Illinois ?

yes.this wht i can understand from their mail and discussion in other topic.they require tht 4 week psychiatry duration must be mentioned in ur transcript and fortunately i hav this duration mentioned

^Received reply from UIC yesterday.. to add to info posted above: 10% of their current residents are IMGs, they conduct interviews from Nov to January. They do not offer observerships, externships, nor matches outside of the match.

thanks i hav added this thing in post

Austen Riggs Center Program(no pgy 1 positons

Thank you for your interest in the Austen Riggs Center. As we are a small and highly specialized treatment center with a specialized academic mission, we are accredited by the ACGME for only the PG-4 year. Training at the level of PG-1 through PG-3 must be completed at another ACGME accredited program. The Fellowship in Psychodynamic Psychiatry can start in the PG-4 or -5 year. If, when you have completed your basic training, you are still interested in psychotherapy and psychodynamic psychiatry, please contact us again. If you would like more information about the Austen Riggs Center or there is any other way we can be of assistance, please let us know.

nodnodHenry Ford Hospital Program

Thank you for your interest in the Henry Ford Health System Behavioral Health Education Department. Please see below for information regarding our Psychology Internship and Psychiatry Residency Program. Psychology Internship Program Information:Visit our program website at http://henryford.com/body.cfm?id=38453 Email the Psychology Internship Director directly at PLANZIS1@hfhs.org Psychiatric Residency Program Information:Visit our program website at http://henryford.com/body.cfm?id=37308 Program requirements for the 2009-2010 academic year-*Completed application via ERAS (http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/start.htm)*Transcript *Dean's Letter *3 Letters of Recommendation (prefer letter from psychiatry rotation supervisor)*USMLE/COMLEX transcripts (Successful passage of USMLE/COMLEX Step 1 and 2 - No more than 1 attempt at each step/level; 80% or higher on each step/level)*Personal Statement*ECFMG Certification (should be certified before applying to the program)*We currently are sponsoring J-1 visas*Our graduation cut off date is 5 years*US clinical experience is highly preferred *We do review and consider all foreign medical graduates. *We will have 6 PGY-1 positions available to start June 2009. The Henry Ford Health System Department of Psychiatry is a dually accredited (AOA and ACGME) residency program. How to apply to program:ACGME (M.D.) Applications accepted September 1st through December 1st. Apply through ERAS only (Electronic Residency Application Service http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/start.htm) AOA (D.O.)Combined AOA accredited program with Henry Ford Macomb-Warren Hospital in Warren, Michigan. Applications accepted September 1st through December 1st. For application information contact Medical Education Department, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital-Warren Campus, 13355 E Ten Mile Rd., Warren, MI 48089-2065 (800) 626-0679 Website: www.henryfordmacomb.com When applying through ERAS please apply to the HFH Macomb Hospital WC (Warren Campus) Special Emphasis: Psychiatry Sorry we do not have any current PGY I, II, III or IV or off-cycle positions available.Sorry we do not offer observerships or externships. If you are medical student interested in doing a Psychiatry rotation at Henry Ford Health System please contact the UGME office at 313/916-1465 or http://www.henryford.com/body.cfm?id=37251 Thank you again for your consideration of our training programs.

Edited by sadiq naveed on Jul 22, 2008 - 1:14 PM

nodnodnodnodUniversity of Mississippi Medical Center
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior

Residency Requirements

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in our program. I have listed below the main criteria in which we look for when making decisions on interviews:

Must be ECFMG certified
USMLE Steps I & II: 75 and above within 2 attempts
Year of Graduation: Within last 10 years
We sponsor J1 Visa only
We prefer 2 years U.S. Clinical experience
We also prefer experience and interest in Psychiatry (observerships do count)

We accept applications beginning September 1, 2008 through December 31, 2008. We wish you the best of luck during your interviewing season.

Thank you.

Edited by sadiq naveed on Jul 23, 2008 - 6:39 PM

confusedconfusedraised eyebrowraised eyebrowBrigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School Program

APPLICATION
Fall, 2007

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in the Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program. We are now accepting applications fro PGY 1 residency positions in June 2007 to June 2008. Please submit applications to us through ERAS and include at least three letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. One of these letters should be from a psychiatrist who is familiar with your work, and one should be from a member of the Department of Medicine at your medical school. In addition, please be sure to send us a personal statement and your USMLE transcript. We ask that all materials reach us by November 1, 2007.

We will review your application, dean’s letter, transcript, and supporting materials when we receive them through ERAS. Starting in November, we will contact selected applicants and invite them to visit the program and meet with a number of our residents and faculty members. We plan to schedule most of these interviews in November and December 2007, and January 2008. We will choose our residents through the National Resident Matching Program and will review the specifics of this process during your visit. If you plan to apply to this program, it is essential that you register with the NRMP and comply with its requirements and deadlines.

We urge all applicants to participate in the PGY 1 program we offer, but will consider PGY 2 applications in special circumstances. If you plan to enter the program in the PG 2 year, you must complete a PG 1 year at an accredited program that provides at least four months of internal medicine, family practice, or pediatrics. In addition, we urge applicants who enter the program in the PG 2 year to secure two months of neurology during their PG 1 year.

Please feel free to call or e-mail with any questions.

Sincerely yours,

Edited by sadiq naveed on Jul 22, 2008 - 1:18 PM

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Selection Criteria, Difficult Programs
ALL INTERNAL MEDICINE programs criteria
PEDIATRIC PROGRAMS criteria for match
show Related resources

Blueprints in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Human Anatomy and Physiology GC 1132
Kaplan Lecture Notes and Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact