Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Dragon down: 233/99!!!  

• 0/5

Tags:    
Author213 Posts

Step 3 is doable, guys. Don't be afraid.

For me, it's been easier than step 1, but I am not answering so sure as I did in step 2 CK. So I don't expect another 99, unless tomorrow makes up for today.

But if you read the Kaplan Lecture Notes for CK (or still have it fresh in your brain), do Kaplan q-bank to reach "pass" and uw to improve the score, I think it will be OK.

Please, keep me in your prayers. I'll be back tomorrow to tell about the second day and ccs.

Just don't ask me to do irregular behaviour, remember I'm a good woman, OK?

Kisses.

GL arlete u always polishing our soles e' ur sweet engoureging words

u will gona make it for 2nd time another 99 GOD WELLING

u deserve it ur ahard worker go girl go winkwink

Best of luck Arlete smiling face

smiling face all the best arlete. you will do great ! smiling face

arelete based on what I learn from my buddy paheli karma will help you pass the exam.

Good luck Arlete - the dragon is almost dead! You'll get a 99 oxala! wink

thanks arlete and goodluck.

we will wait for the second day and pray for a 99 for you.

Good Luck dear!

awwww how sweet Arlete. All the best for tomorrow...we will pray that it goes very well for you..

Thank you guys. I feel your good energy flooding my surroundings! (I don't know if that makes sense in English...)

Doc1981: nice to see you speaking Portuguese! grin

I'll be back in a few hours.

Boa sorte Arlete!

thanks for the input arlete. these kind of things help people so much.

good luck for your results and like always i think you will get another gr8 score. i always read your posts in prep4usmle and they were always very positive which really pumps up the people around you, which is such a gr8 thing about a person. i am still in the preparation phase and when you said that kaplan and uw is enough it really kind of relieved me and i am more sure that i am going the right way. good luck to you for the match this year.

Good luck nod

May you got the score you deserve !

It's done. MCQs were easier than yesterday, but I was semi lost in most of the ccs cases, so now I have to wait for the results to see how it really went...

I am tired - no, exausted - now, so I'll be back later! wink

Yay you're done! It's party time - sit back and relax! cool

good luck for a great score arlete!
I am expecting mine next week I hope we willl all have a lot to celebrate

Congratulations!
You are done and free from all this steps!
Must be a great feeling smiling face

Good luck buddy for results!!! hats goood u are done with usmle. wht a relief.. right!!!

our best wishes with you..you desereve really good score. all the very best.
we will look foward to ur valuable advices as you gave in CS.. we apprexiate your honest hard work and dedication to your profession.
Goodluck in residency of ur choice.

Thank you, guys...

I felt so lost during the ccs... But yesterday night I couldn't resist and started reviewing the cases I had, and apparently I was not that bad. What freaked me out were the pop-ups "the patient says he's still in pain" and dealing with diseases I unfortunately never dealt with. I finished college and went straight to cardiology, then arrhythmias and pacemakers. I worked in ERs and ICUs. So strangely enough, if the patient was not crashing at the beggining, I wasn't very sure I was doing the right thing...gringringrin Ordering the right tests and follow ups, for example.

Anyway... I had 2 questions from NBME, so I recommend to either to do it (I got 520, 6 weeks ago) or to read the discussions about it. I had many questions (again) that were discussed here in this forum. The ones I got wrong, the ones somebody taught me right and the ones I looked for the answers were the ones I would never forget.

I read usmle123 for ccs, I thought it was good, but no need to have two different sources. If I was to choose, uw is better. I had questions I am sure were in the uw q-bank. But most of them were not as difficult. I think about 50% of the questions I was able to answer reading the last two phrases, passing my eyes on the labs and reading the answers. I don't know if that would work for everybody, it didn't work for me for step 2 CK, but basically I went backwards, specially for the long ones. It's good to know a little bit about the normal lab values, so you can highlitght what is grossly abnormal.

I would do it like this: read answer a and think "this is true for myeloma", b "sarcoidosis" c "whatever" and then read the question. You know, there are a few key words, facts, descriptions that will match one of the diseases (or actions, or tests) in the options. But that's a very personal view, I am not telling it is the best way to do it, but give it a try when you are doing a q-bank, see if it works for you. Some of the questions are really long and waste your time. For example, it could be: they tell you all about the patient, why he came to the hospital, his diagnosis, the surgery he had, then about one drug he's receiving, then ask the side effect of the drug! And you are like: "what the heck?" grin

I had only two questions that needed calculation, I chose whatever I thought (quickly) made more sense and marked, to come back when I finished the block. Then I had time to go back and calculate, one I got right, the other, I had to change. There was one block during the first day I finished with 12 minutes left, went back and reviewed all the answers and didn't change any. During the second day, I didn't review and didn't change any answer, and I think I wouldn't have had time for it, when I finished the block, it was about to end.

I didn't feel as secure as I did during the step 2 CK, but I think this, too, is a fair test. Very important concepts are tested. And although it has its flaws (one patient told me all about his disease - while entubated!!!!!), I think the USMLE is a very good tool to evaluate so many people wanting to be doctors in this wonderful country. And don't think I have any bias about it. I failed USMLE once. And now I see I was not well prepared for it, although at the time I thought I was.

I am glad I had to go through all this. I think I am a better doctor now, I have more knowledge about Medicine, although not remotely enough to work without supervision, which I gladly will make up for during residency (knock on wood!).

Meeting all of you was a huge bonus.nod

Now, go study, guys, I talk too much! grin

Edited by arlete on Aug 22, 2008 - 7:01 AM

as always.. your views and posts are very informative and inspiring... thanks! congrats and good luck!nod

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

My experience 99/233
Got my score-233/94
233/94..my exam
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact