Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

My H1B visa interview experience  

• 0/5

Author14 Posts

It was 5 minutes interview, simple and to the point

Visa officer: hello Good morning

Me: hello sir

Visa officer: Can I have your passport and documents?

Me; Sure

Visa officer: So you are a doctor?

Me; Yes sir.

Visa officer: So which hospital will you be working at?

Me; XYZ hospital.

Visa officer: how long?

Me: 3 years

Visa officer: How much will you be paid?

Me: ********** $ per annum

Visa officer: Checks the computer, scans my visa fee reeceipt

Me: staring

Visa officer: Ok you will get your passport in X business days..

Me: Thank you sir

thats it, no other Questions asked...grin

Awesome...congrats priya!

congrats priyagrove........

I wanted to know After how many days do u get the passport.......

Congrat , wow , short & sweet .

Could u pl portrait more in detail re step by step how to apply for & what documents needed to bring to or summit at application or interview for H1B visa , & when is the right timing to apply .
And aslo when should the st 3 taken & get the result for timely to apply the H visa .

Thnx , just to get this informative , great thread to be more complete .

GL & have a great time in ur residency nodcoolnod

hi munchy, did you take your visa interview yet? I remember you had it in June in New Delhi, have you taken it yet? If yes then also please tell me when are you expecting your passport to be returned.

I have not received the passport yet and the visa interview officer told me that it may take upto 1 week for you to get the passport. I will have to miss the orientation which was on June 16th.. I have no idea when will I get the passport..sadsad

hi Shwe hope

I sahll write all what I remember...

Best time to take step 3: within 1 month of step 2... I took it 1 year after step 2, whic I feel wasn't a good idea I had to reread everything, its all actually step 2 material which is reqd for step 3. So People be wiser take step3 as close as possible to step 2.

After match or prematch. Immediately apply for State Licence, the mistake I did was I let my PC take her own sweet time, she applied for the state licence after one month, had that been cut short I won't have problem in joining on time, right now I have to join in 1 week, and I ma still struggling to get my passport back and then book a flight asap.

So please apply for state lisence asap after you match or prematch.

Once you have state licence then you need to find a good attorney and file for H1B

things you nedd

State licence

Step1,2,CS,3, ECFMG certificate

Contract letter from resoidency

MBBS degree

letter from University/hospital who is hiring you.

Go for premium processing, short and easy and quick. Donot bother about paying for it, you will earn it back soon.

In the interview I hv written the questions which were asked...

I avnt receive dthe passport yet, the wait time is supposed to be 3-7 business days.mad
ShweHope99.9998 wrote:
Congrat , wow , short & sweet .

Could u pl portrait more in detail re step by step how to apply for & what documents needed to bring to or summit at application or interview for H1B visa , & when is the right timing to apply .
And aslo when should the st 3 taken & get the result for timely to apply the H visa .

Thnx , just to get this informative , great thread to be more complete .

GL & have a great time in ur residency nodcoolnod

Contract letter from resoidency

letter from University/hospital who is hiring you.

I dont really have any "original signed by the prog" document saying that i am going to join residency
I have a letter offering me the post (i took a prematch), but no signatures ...and it was sent to me by email...should i request my program to send me something more official for the visa??

mukho, according to my best knowledge you do need a Contract letter for getting H1B, When are you supposed to join? Havn't you filed for H1b visa yet?

i have received my visa approval but am still to get the hard copy of the petition. I actually dont know what a contract would look like, am just sure i dont have any document signed in original by my program and dont know whether they are sending it now...so maybe I should make sure they send something like that?

just wanted to make this post live again

For everyone who is going to take an H1b visa this year . ...How much do you have to pay for the whole thing ( including premium processing )?

shaking head

I am not too sure but 3000-4000$???shocked

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

J1 visa vs. H1B visa
STEP3 AND INTERVIEW/H1B VISA
My B1/B2 visa interview experience
show Related resources

U.S. Visa News

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact