Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Genital herpes Qn: 16  

• 100/5

Author16 Posts

At a routine office visit, a 42-year-old woman mentions that her episodes of recurrent genital herpes have become more frequent. Your records show that she received treatment for five episodes in the last 11 months, and she states that she did not even seek therapy for three episodes. She asks if anything can be done to prevent these episodes.
Which of the following treatment regimens will most likely reduce the number of episodes of genital herpes in this patient over the next year?
A. Topical acyclovir daily for 1 month
B. Intravenous acyclovir daily for 21 days
C. Oral acyclovir, valacyclovir, or famciclovir daily for 21 days
D. Oral prednisone plus oral acyclovir daily for 1 week every month
E. Oral acyclovir, famciclovir, or valacyclovir daily to be taken indefinitely

E

E

e

justice, can u plz post the right answers to ur qs..

E?

E based on the commercials on TV... grin

lol CocaCola grin
lets have herpes together 4 ever

The correct answer is E

Frequent recurrences of genital herpes can be effectively prevented by chronic suppressive therapy with an oral drug active that is against herpesvirus. Acyclovir (400 mg twice daily), famciclovir (250 mg twice daily), or valacyclovir (500 or 1000 mg daily) can be used. Chronic suppression is usually initiated when a patient has at least six episodes yearly. Most patients will experience some benefit, and 40% to 72% will be free of recurrences at 1 year. Chronic use of these drugs also suppresses asymptomatic virus shedding, so that transmission to others may theoretically be reduced. However, patients on suppressive regimens should be told that they may still transmit herpes simplex virus to their partners. Occasional interruption of therapy is reasonable in order to judge the pattern of recurrences, although there is no evidence that suppressive therapy will decrease the frequency of episodes after the drug is stopped.
There currently are no data to suggest (and no theoretical basis to believe) that any regimen other than daily therapy indefinitely with a drug active against herpes simplex virus can suppress genital herpes.

I can’t believe my genitial herpes is really cured, oh is by this time last year I start feeling bad about my life, I feel pain everyday of my life am very happy now that am really cured I couldnt have do this on my own I wish is not God that help me with my helper I was searching the internet about this sickness last 3month when I found about great doctor abegbe, the man that keep his words I write the man email about my problem immediately I get a reply from him asking me to fill a form which I immediately did and send back to him after some mins he reply me that he have work on my cure that I need to provide some materials, which can enable him to work on my cure which I did on the next day of it, after some hours he inform me that he have getting the things needed for the cure and he is about to go on with the curing spell he called me again after 50mins that he is done with the cure that I should check my body and also go for test I cant believe I was negative a big thanks to him am very happy now with my family you can also get your self cured too from this sickness by contact him through DR.ABEGBESPELLHOME@GMAIL.COM OR DR.ABEGBESPELLHOME@HOTMAIL.COM if you need any information about him contact me email:danielpaisley1@gmail.com

I never believed i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man DR AMENOGBUDO and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to dr.amenogbudo40@gmail.com telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as DR AMENOGBUDO assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my Dr to confirmed if i have be finally healed, behold! it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can c email DR AMENOGBUDO on : dr.amenogbudo40@gmail.com or call/whatsApp 08161214553.....ALL THANKS TO GOD AND DR AMENOGBUDO

So, the straight leg test was negative, according to the above description, bec. she should have felt pain below the knee. Is that correct? remodeling

E. Oral acyclovir, famciclovir, or valacyclovir daily to be taken indefinitely

this the answer in my openion..https://www.iamoliviavalentina.com/

Life has not been easy for me, I am here to share the good news of my life, how I was cure through HSV2 by doc Aziegbe who help me within 2 weeks with the help of his herbal medicine I am from United states of America, so this Great doctor sent me a herbal which I took according to the way he instructed, just to find out I am cure after taking the cure for 2 week I found this man email from the internet, how he also help a lady from the same sickness. I am so happy to be writing this testimony to the world because this man really clean the tears in my heart and he is a man of his words I want to use this means to inform those of us who’s doctor had told there is no cure, well here is the chance to get yourself cured from this horrible sickness you can get Dr Aziegbe email here DRAZIEGBE1SPELLHOME@GMAIL. COM or you can also whatsApp him +2349035465208 and the doctor also told me he can fix this sickness also: 1. HIV / AIDS 2. HPV 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) 5. Hepatitis B

Thanks for sharing this informative article. changeofaddressnearme.com

guitar lessons baltimore Just found a site a could relate to

private investigator san diego Great site! I wish I found this much earlier

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

how to differentiate chancroid and genital herpes?
herpes q?
Herpes type 11 in pregnancy
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact