Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Q about psudomona  

• 0/5

Author8 Posts

In kaplan notes, it specifically says that in psudomona cause osteomyelitis in IV user
and cause penumonia in CF Pt. but didnt mention about causing osteomyelitis in CF pt. So if a question is about a CF pt with osteomyelitis, should i pick psudomona or staph aureus?? raised eyebrowraised eyebrow

Staph.aureus.

macintosh wrote:
It is first time I am reading about an asociation between Pseudomonas and osteomyelitis. I checked my copy of Kaplan Microbiology / Immunology lecture notes ed. 2005 and do not fnd this mentioned any where.

Any way to answer your question, it is S. aureus, unless they ask about the cause of osteomyelitis in Sickle cell disease (not trait) patient, in which case it is Salmonella.

in the last chapter of the flow chart, u will find the assoication of osteomyelitis and drug user

nodnod Staph aureus :most common cause of Osteomylitis except in sickle cell disease which is Salmonella

Also, Pseudomonas in IVDA causes : Endocarditis and arthritis..

kind regards,

Icarusmd

Osteomyelitis........
MC staph aureus,
In IVDA Pseudomonas &
Patients with SCD Salmonella.

disease by pseudomonas.........P S E U D O.
pneumonia,sepsis(black lesions),external otitis,uti,diabetic osteomylitis

i think it should be staph aureus.. its the MCC except in SCD.. pseudo is asso with IVDA but its not the MCC.. is it written like that in kaplan??

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact