Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Toledo  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

Program Name: Medical college of Ohio,Toledo

Date of Interview: Jan 2007

Where did u stay, nearest hotel, travel etc: Hilton ,there is a tunnel which goes across from the hotel to the hospital

Level of "stress" (0-10): 4

How many interviewers: 4

How many applicants: 5 in the morning and I believe an additional 5 in the afternoon.

Tour included visits to: OR,PACU,Library(awesome scale),ambulatory care section

Questions asked: the usual,only one clinical q asked by one faculty member(very simple)

Happy residents: yes / no / ? : seemed ok

Atmosphere:

City, how is living there?: cheap living ,hot and humid summers and cold winters,good schooling districts around(nice if you have kids)

Research oriented: yes / no / ? have published a good deal of stuff as per their presentation.

Prematch offers?: I dont think they do.

Visa sponsored?: dont know.

What I liked the most?: advantages of a small program

What should be improved?: They are a program in flux,but as I saw it seems to be moving towards a good direction.Plenty of ortho and regionals ,no transplants.No paeds(have a rotation at u of mich). The usual 1/2 hour teaching morning and 2 hrs once in the week.

Rate experience (0-10):

Conclusion: Was my only anesthesia interview,so I have no other program to compare and contrast.I think the program is undergoing changes and will be in a good place in some years.....problem is we are in the 2007 -2008 match!!!shaking head

Hope this helps someone.Good luck.nod.Wish more people would participate on this anesthesia forum.I do believe more people have received invites than the number if entries we see here.

nod

I also iv there. I never got reply for my thank you letter and followup letter. Did you?

gut wrote:
I also iv there. I never got reply for my thank you letter and followup letter. Did you?

I got an email from them telling me I was going to be ranked #1...
LOL
just kidding regular email, saying the usual things...
GL

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

University of toledo,Toledo,OH
U Toledo OH
U of Toledo, IM.
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact