Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Sailing through harsh weather!!  

• 0/5

Author37 Posts

hello goodmorning diary,

Finished with Kaplan Questions, Got 68%(Kaplan questions were tricky but I am glad I coukd sail through) Still left with kaplan notes for CNS

Todays target: Kaplan Notes + CCS(OBGYN)

hi! couldnt study the whole day! Wasnt feeling welll.. now its time to buck up and take the charge. tonight:

have to finish Rheumatology questions and Rheumatolgy notes from crush.

Tomorrow morning: peds CCS

hey I am back. I wasted almost 2 days. Now Im back, And just 2 weeks left for the exam!!!!!!

todays target.

1. Finish questions of Preventive med and em med.

2. Do OBGYN CCS cases.

Thought of the day::::The secret of achievement is to hold a picture of a successful outcome in mind.

hi friends I am back, after a short break! Had gone for a weekend away! I really needed it.... Now back to the grind! I postponed my exam to March 22nd. NBME is in 4 days Working on OBGYN for today... I have stretched OBGYN for almost a week now. but I am really weak in this topic....

I am gonnna finish it once for alll 2day. Will be back tomorrow.

hi nikki

Thanks for hanging in there with me. I'm having scary nightmares these days. Whatever I study stilll I feel my heart pounding inside. 2nd time is always scary.... I don't want to fail again... I desperately neeed to pass this test.

Working on USMLE step 123 these days. they are good worth a try especially for me with a 2 nd attempt.

How are your studies coming along?

hey nikki

Loved your post! you're a constant support. I dont know about scoring in 90's but I need anything above 75....

Hey I have UW in the form of images, If u want I can send you that. But I am not buying UW as I did it for the first attempt and I already know the answers, so no point in buying it yet again. USMLE step 123 itself is overwhelming it has 1600 questions and 100 CCS so I know I wont be able to finish it till my exam. SO no question of buying UW now. Ohhh god now exam is actually very near. just 11 days more.
I'm done with OBGYN, surgery in past 1 week and still left with ethics and psychiatry. There were lots of ethics questions in my first attempt. so I need to brush it up...

Tomorrow is the day for EKGs, X rays and derma pics.. I got 5-6 EKGS, and none of them made any sense to me in the exam.... Hopefull I master them 2 moro..

goood luck nikki.... keep on visiting my journal.

Its a new day! I listen to this song whenevr I feel low. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aETZqx2QpQM

So for today, more and more CCS and more questions + EKG + X rays

I plan to do Ethics from Fischers, I have a PDF format of some 100 pgs of ethics by Conrad fischer. but that will be tomorrow.

I am making notes of all the important questions from USMLE step 123. once I ma done I will send them to you as word file. Goood Luck and keep it up!smiling facenodcool

I love this toooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEjeItYtioE&NR=1

hi....

Took NBME today got 350 :-sadmadsadmad
I got 73 in my first attempt.. I spent 2 months studying more.
I did Kaplan Q bank(my avg score was 67%) I did UW(avg score 65%) I am still doing USMLE step123 avg score 54%.
But what shall I do now with this bad score in NBME. I mean What else can I study now? I feel broken. I cant even postpone this exam due to some circumstances.

I have practiced CCS atleast 4 times now, because my CCS performance was lower in the first attempt..
I don't know what to do now.... from where to begin?

Hey nikki thanks for being there once again.. My USMLE step123 scores are averaging 54%. They are concept based questions and I think Its not a bad idea to go through them. Well exam result will tell how exactly goood or bad are they but I think I have tried my best, now I will quickly brush up things in next 2 weeks and will try to mastter CCS, I think they can help me sail through this exam....

I have nothing else to opt for and you know why I need the result sooner. So Bottomline is I am going to try my best and Time will tell....

dear Journal

I have been going through a lot of stress since past 2 days. My stress is self induced. Fear of failing again. But I know If I don't overcome it it will take charge and end result is nothing, no productive, effective studying!

So I am exactly 1 week away from my exam and I have decided not to touch any new books or new questions any more I am just going to revise and brush through the old concepts. And while taking the exam I have to tell my myself that I will pass. Though I am doing USMLE step123 these days and they are very good, hoenstly very good questions based on concepts, but Standing where I am I have only one clear way. To take this exam on 22nd. If I take the exam after 22nd I will have to take up J1 visa irrespective of wether I pass or fail later. SO why not to take the plunge and atleast attempt to take this exam with courage and determination.

I think the state of mind makes a lot of difference wether you will do good or not. In my fisrt attempt I knew for sure that I will pass, so I took the exam very casuallly, but since it has jolted me already my target is to empower my mind so that I dont feel weak or underconfident during the exam time.

The reason I am not doing new questions now is because I have already done UW and kaplan Q bank and revising them will take alll the time, I really wish I cud have done USMLE step123 questions but unfortunately only 1 week left and I want to go confidently to my exam and rereading what I have laready done is better to strensgthen up rather than starting afresh with a new Q bank. I reallly desperately wwant to crush this exam this time. I just need to maintain my cool for next 5 days. And after that I really really hope I never have to retake this exam again.

Todays target to do ethics, psychi questions, my ethics sucks!!! I have laways gotten low points in ethics... I will go through Fischer questions. HOnestly I dont like swansons but have always heard that its a great book! I will try to have a look at it..

wish me luck!

few more days to go.... Now have a residency position in hand, confirmed, Lawyer just called!!! I told him.. I need H1... Lets hope everything goes goooood... Really scared about the xeam, Visa depends on this only... Cant take J1... Will be screwed..

Revising UW and Fa these days.. Will do CCS again today n tomorrow.. Nikki how r things??

hahhahaha! that was funny!! So Ms Express. I'm glad you've geared up!! I'm struggling too with revision, realized while revising that I had forgotten so many things! Now I hope they stay in my mind for few more days... Good luck you will know in next 30mins... Good luck with that!

Hi Redddd ,
wish you all the best for the upcoming exam , i am praying for you ... i understand the anxiety but trust me once you start with the exam ,anxiety will be all gone ... treat every question as your first one , the trick is to read the question carefully and making a sensible guess in your mind and then looking for it in the choices .. try to just read it once and if you are not sure or can short it to 2 choices ,make a guess and move on to next question ,try to manage time well..
mcq s are 75 % of the exam so ,try to ace it the first day and be confident ..
for ccs, read the first and the second page very very carefully ,i mean word by word and make a list of differential diagnosis right away and then go from there..
best would be if you write down those d/ds in the sheet they give you so that you dont miss any diagnostic work up ..
good luck
you ll do great i am sure

dear vandy, thats a great piece of advice, I'm praying that you shall pass too.. I know the pain of second attempt! Will tell you how it went..till then chao!

redddd, congratulations for a match. How was your test going? Wish you an excellent score!

Thanks nikki, vandy and njcjzy... I PASSED WITH 85, I'm so happy! Good luck nikki you will do well I am sure!

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

a harsh continuous murmur
Sailing to my Dream: My Journal
Weather in Chicago
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact