Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

BMC experience  

• 0/5

Author2 Posts

Program Name: Boston Medical Center

Where did u stay, nearest hotel, travel etc: they pay the hotel for 1 night – a shuttle is gonna bring you to the BMC

Level of "stress" (0-10): 5/10

How many interviewers: 4

How many applicants: 8

Tour included visits to: OR, birth rooms, PACU, ICU

Questions asked: why did you choose us? why did you choose anesthesiology? What do you want to do after residency? Actually, most of the time, was a discussion about procedures, rotations and residents evaluation.

happy residents: yes / no / ? : yes, very nice and friendly residents

prematch offers? :no

visa sponsored? : I don’t know, I am a gc holder

City: boston

What I liked the most: Nice atmosphere, they have IMG in the program and they seem to get along well, good rotations in another hospitals for regional blocks and pediatric anesthesia, wide pathology ( they are level one trauma center).

What could be improved: They didn’t talk to much about research even if they are university hospital; I think they struggle with too less positions for a such a big hospital ( are 21 residents Ca1- CA3; some of the residents are in other hospitals for the rotations.)

Rate experience (0-10): 9/10

Conclusion: Good program, good fellowships after residency or, if you don’t want, good position in one of the 10 hospitals affiliated with BMC. They seem to try to respect the 80 hours rule.

nod

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

my experience
My Experience - 225/93
My experience
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact