Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

How do you compare UAMS and Henry Ford  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

How is University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences(UAMS) compared to Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit? I did not hear much about UAMS. Did anyone get an IV from UAMS? Henry Ford is a big community hospital where as UAMS is a low-key university based program... Any info about UAMS is highly appreciated.

Edited by kram on Jan 08, 2008 - 10:17 AM

kram wrote:
How is University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences(UAMS) compared to Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit? I did not hear much about UAMS. Did anyone get an IV from UAMS? Henry Ford is a big community hospital where as UAMS is a low-key university based program... Any info about UAMS is highly appreciated.

didnt get an iv from any of those... So cant help you very much with an opinion, try asking at sdn gas forums or do a scutwork search...

GL kram... How many ivs did you get?

Thanks Mazinger for your reply. I only got these two IVs in Anesthesia. I also applied to IM and got my remaining IVs. I will be ranking Anesthesia on top but I am not sure which one to rank #1. I will try to post in other forums as you suggested. Please let me know if you have any further input.

General question to all: Is a small univ hospital better than a big community hospital? Please post your views

kram wrote:
Thanks Mazinger for your reply. I only got these two IVs in Anesthesia. I also applied to IM and got my remaining IVs. I will be ranking Anesthesia on top but I am not sure which one to rank #1. I will try to post in other forums as you suggested. Please let me know if you have any further input.

General question to all: Is a small univ hospital better than a big community hospital? Please post your views

Thats a very good question indeed raised eyebrow.... mmmmhmmm university hospitals are places that can make your way to a fellowship easier compared to community programs, but I guess this is most up to you. Why? if you rock as a resident your path to a good fellowship will be granted.
How did you perceive the case oad of each hospital? what are the former residents doing nowadays? Do they offer fellowships for their their own people?
and most important of all, ARE THE RESIDENTS HAPPY? WILL YOU AND YOUR S.O. BE HAPPY IN THAT PLACE?

hope this helps and best of luck kram, anesthesia is crazy tough...
I have met a lot of imgs during my ivs and I could say only one thing: to get into anesthesia in this country is crazy competitive and not only you and I are having a hard time... it just sucks..

Anyways GL buddy and keep holding on....

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Henry Ford FM
Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford - Michigan
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact