Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Thank GoD!!!207/85  

• 0/5

Author463 Posts

Hi!! i'm an old grad about 10 yrs now and amom of 2,starting this journal to keep me motivated and focussed and above all Accountable.Started my prep in Nov.So far not doing so well .done half of Immuno,Half of Genetics and half of mol bio. as u can see all of them are half. i get about 3-4 hrs study time in the whole day ,im doing the best i can, i'm hoping to do better and so the journal. Starting physio from kaplan tomorrow and plan to give it a reading by Jan 16 th, hope fully.tomorrow got to finish Sec 1 physio atleast 40-50 pages pe day , thats my plan.any advice, input about how to go about things greatly appreciated.so here goes.!!!

welcome on board smiling face

GOOD LUCK for your prep and welcome to the journal land.nod

Good luck!

Thanx Arlete,SOS & Keepgoing for u r good wishes. not doing too good with my schedule but atleast i am trying to be consistent with my time.so hopefully at some point i will catch up. thanx again

on 29th dec i watched 2hrs of kaplan video,section 1. didnt have time to read the notes that day.

dec30.read and reviewed section 1 physio.

jan2:t oday i'm going to do section 2 physio. watch dvds .and if possile i'm gonna try to review it too.

Happy New Year

i think you are going good,just be consistent and slowly increase the hours as you go.you all moms are great,i mean you manage to study with so many responsibilities........ i find it difficult to take care of even myself,there are days when i rather starve myself for the fear of having to cook.wink

good lucknod

going really bad took me all this time to do section 2 in physiology. with a couple of breaks in between. going to start section 2. cardio physio. god help me i don't know how long this is gonna take. At this rate i doubt i'll be able to give the exam this year. Any suggestions. Please.

i mean section 3 physio. i'm wondering if i should just give up do only kap q bank, FA, and USMLE world questions for the next 3-4 months and give the exam as some people do and hope for the best. i don't know.i'm not in a hurry to give my exam but just apprehensive that at the rate i am studying i will lose what little help i am getting with my kids, and at the end of it will be left with nothing.. Any suggestions plz help.

Hey mjbapana,

How are you doing?

I was missing you today, I am going to start 3rd sec physio? Whenever u have time call me.

Take care, and dont worry so much!! Last week I learned that worrying make you slow and happy positive thoughts make study easier and faster.nod (yeah... I learned that smiling face )

I hope you will remind me of that, when I start to freakout. cool

hI!! all i'm back again.last couple of weeks have been studying on and off a little bit of path a little bit of physio again did some questions in between. trying to get some one to study with me. i wish i had some one to sit with me and read line to line would make things a lot easier. but that is asking for too much i know. Coming back to studies after such a gap is so horrendous. i never expected it would be this bad. but anyway i am still am gonna try.

So monday i started physio all over again!! I always do that when ever i start a subject i start it from the beginning. this time i am not going to switch in between till i finsh the whole of Physio so i won't have to start from scratch.

Monday i did Sec1 complete with videos. so i'm good there feel 60% confident about that section.

Tuesday did Section 2with videos. Same as above.

Wenesday tomorrow i'm going to spend time doing all the questions in Section 1&2.after the chapters in between the chapters. everything. I hope i do good.

Saima, reading u r journal motivated me to come back here. well i'm going to try to login every day from tomorrow onwards.

Thanx ALL.Please pray for me. keep falling of the band wagon.

Hi mjbapana ,
Welcome back. you are the motivation of all the moms in this forum. i was in same situation as you are now, switching from 1 subject to other & then have to start from scratch next time i switch to that subject , that is how i wasted my precious when you know you would not be able to get more than 3 to 4 hours a day with 2 kids & a home to take care of.But this time i stick to 1 sub. physio. & was able to finish it& i am feeling little bit confident after that i can give this exam.

So, try to finish your physiology , our prayers are with you. goodluck & keep going.

Thanx asap.Ican't imagine being motivation for others as i myself have been motivated by so many in this forum. But really thanx.

So what did i do in my 4 hrs today? Not much studying for sure, but i did the questions from the 1st section and half of questions in Section 2. Its 10:30 now. my kids are asleep so i'm thinking maybe i'll read some patho cell injury till i fall asleep.Pathology is really killing me.I'm having to relearn so many basics i feel like a fool. Like for example i could'nt figure out what lipid peroxidation was and when i did i felt so foolish because it is in the name itself AND i spent 1/2 an hour trying to figure it out!!!! Thats why i thought i should read some patho atleast every day even if it is 1-2 pgs. that is at night when my kids are in bed.Before i used to keep this one hr as ME time and watch some TV, now i've decided it is gonna be PATHO time.

Anyways Tomorrow physio i have to finish questions in section 2 and then start section3.

And thanx again for all u r prayers.

today was pretty fruitful not excitingly but ok. In my 4 hrs today i finished up with my physio questions of section 2 and then read skeletal muscle chp1 to familiarize myself to the chapter that in my first 2 hrs.. later today in the night i hope to watch the lecture of it.

in my second 2 hrs,i gave a quick reading of Pathology RR, i did Inflammation and repair chapter and then i read environmental pathology., Not bad huh. Pretty pleased with myself. i hope the night goes well too.

honestly i was'nt expecting to do too well to day but by God's grace i did. My son who is 2 yrs old woke up at 2:00 am and would'nt get back to sleep till 5:00 in the morning and then i had to be up and about by 6:15am. so if i do not drop off at my computer to night i will watch the video. Bye Diary.

ok so idid'nt watch the videos last night. don't want to be harping about it but my little guy kept waking up every hr maybe he is coming down with something i hope not.he wanted me with him most of the night.

Anyways i'm sitting down to study now so i'm gonna watch the videos now.i have to finish skeletal muscle to day the whole section.

ok finished 1 1/2 of skeletalmuscle that is watching the videos. did'nt do any patho yesreday

ok finished 1 1/2 of skeletalmuscle that is watching the videos. did'nt do any patho yesreday

today finished watching all of skeletalmuscle videos. and starting on periheral circulation. i probably wont' be able to fish all of it today.

Aim for taday: atleast watch video for gen asp of CV sys.

week end studying was'nt all that good. did'nt accomplish much. today finishe d reading all of skeletal muscle. and started on the questions.

Feb 25: i'm back again this time i'm going to log in every day irrespective of what i have studied or not.

Since i was last here i've fished skeletal muscle videos/ notes and q's in kaplan.

finished peripheral circulation videos/notes and q's.

done with cardiac muscle notes no videos or q's that for tommorow.

gen path 1st reading with a good friend.

sys path finished whole of hematology and lympho proliferative sys.

doing CVS now.

joined UW. not done much may be 30-40 mq's.

Just not giving up hope . have to get my life back on track and be the person who i used to be before i became a wife and Mom.

Thats going to be my motto."getting my life back on track" i'm going to look at this every day and keep pushing through.

so tomorrow, Finish Cardiac musle Physio.

do CVS patho

Q's from UW atleast 10.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Got score today 207/85
85/207 any hopes for me? pl advise
got an 84/207
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact