Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

States that do not require 1 year of PG  

• 0/5

Tags:    
Author10 Posts

Thank you so much

Hi,

I'm currently not in residency, and will be applying for S3 exam. Acc to the 7yr rule, I would have to pas step 3 by or before nov 09. I prefer to apply thru a state which doesnt have a 7yr rule, but these 8 states require PG training. Is there any state (s) which doesnt require PG residency training, and which also doesnt have the 7yr rule, to sit for Step 3?

thanks,
drhabib

raised eyebrow

http://www.fsmb.org/usmle_requirementschart.html

Here you can find all the answers to this topic

Good luck

Hi there,

So I can just take step 3 in any state regardless whethere I will be training in that state or not?

How will we know if we meet state-specific requirements coz when I went the Arkansas State Medical Board Website it only states the requirements for licensing, not for step 3...

Thanks!!!

Application for licensure required when applying for Step 3
what does that mean? for NY it is YES.

drlilac2002 wrote:
Hi there,

So I can just take step 3 in any state regardless whethere I will be training in that state or not?

How will we know if we meet state-specific requirements coz when I went the Arkansas State Medical Board Website it only states the requirements for licensing, not for step 3...

Thanks!!!

Got same question...so does this mean, I can take my step 3 in CA and go to IM residency in PA?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

With a lot of searching and for those who do not know where all the state requirements for step 3 are coming from:

go to www.fsmb.org
then put the cursor on EXAMINATION SERIVCES (link on the left),
you will find a drop down menu
click on USMLE step 3 homepage
this will direct you to the requirements every state has for taking STEP 3.

best of luck.

nodnodnodnodnodThanks that was very helpful. Got one more question. What documents do I need to submit with the application form....what is the certificate of identification form.....I gave one to ECFMG, and dont have a copy....so what do I do next.
Can someone please guide me?shaking headshaking headshaking headshaking headshaking head

Justice: Oi moladiets!!!!!! vizu frunzika dusha raduet

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

which states require Board letter
A 32-year-old woman states
BBB or ne one else - Require your giudance
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact