Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

my experience  

• 0/5

Author12 Posts

I am regular reader of this forum which is my driving force to prepare for step-1.I have done MD in internal medicine & practicing as physician. I have started my prep 6 months back with one of friend ,( radiologist )who abandoned in between.

My only book were kaplan note books, goljan pathology,high yeild neuroanatomy& FA.Iread only four hrs a day as it was difficult to get time in my busy scheudle of practice.Really at end I foccused on kaplan only.

My nbme-1 score was 510/221,nbme-3 470/210. UW cummilative score 68% three wks before.At exam most questions were lengthy and indirect where time was big factor.Most mcq were from kaplan & FA.BS was really tough as I expected.A lot of questions from genetics, histology, anatomy. Angoi, pathology, neuro slides were easy and doable . Ihope Iwill pass.

My advice to all old graduate , stick to kaplan only supplemented by high yeild & FA. Do make small notes of all chapter, try to make concept rather gulping these. Step1 is a exam of concept and time management. After a good study please do a lot of time- mode practice from kaplan or UW. NBME is great help. Age not a factor it is only motivation ,determination which made me to sit in this exam. At end i convey my thanks to all for your support and guidence.

thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx alot

u did nt reply 2 my qs regarding micro, IS KAPLAN ENOUGH FOR MICRO?

congrtssssssss again nd best luck 4 next

which high yeild u mean and how helpful was it?

After my exam i wrote down all (appx) MCQ in my note book, and to my surprise all questions from kaplan . Belive it. Imay be wrong , I feel FA alone is not sufficient, you cannot make concept of particular disease or syndrom from this book.

I think only high yeild( Lippincort) neuroanatomy is very useful. All my neuro slides came from there.

Micro in kaplan is more than sufficient, but cannot leave single page. I got a lot of mcq from this book. All direct question. For me I have post graduate experience in internal medicine which helped me.

what about patho & pathophysio questions??

jibendu wrote:
.A lot of questions from genetics, histology, anatomy. Angoi, pathology, neuro slides were easy and doable . Ihope Iwill pass.

a lot of q from histoshocked

that is rare 2 happened

I got one mcq from every chapter of kaplan pathology whos ans. given there whether it is Ca lung or multiple myeloma.

Histology doesnot mean only slides , it is also related questions to that particular organel.

Hi

Today I got my score .Ipassed at least. Aa an old graduate its difficult for me to get high score .I have to work and practice to look after my family.Any way with all support of forum I made it. I must confess this is a unique forum where you really get so much information , as I am not in touch with people who are giving exams.

I donot know with 80 score i will be able to make to im or not.For me it will be another try .

Thanks to all. God bless you.

Congratulations!!

Congratulationssmiling face

Congrats, jibendu!! don't be disappointed with the score. i know people who got into residencies with such score. so cheer up!!!!

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

My Match Experience & my Anxiety
my experience...GOT MY SCORE!!!
My score -261/99 & my experience
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact