Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

IMG friendly hospitals  

• 0/5

Author27 Posts

Guys this is the list I made after I went through the websites of each and every single one of them and this is the result... This list includes hospitals that clearly state that they accept imgs and hospitals that have imgs in their programs (if the site didnt clearly said so I looked in scutwork and tried to read reviews of residents and applicants)..

I didnt put the criteria they ask for, but as a general rule for anesthesia they ask scores above 210 all first attempts (perhaps this is only true for AMGs, for IMGs I would say above 220s to be on the safe side).
Hope this turns out to be a good start for many of us

Of course any corrections are more than welcome..

University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Program, Little Rock, AR

Anesthesiology

1 Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education (Arizona) Program, Phoenix, AZ

Anesthesiology

2 University of Colorado Program, Denver, CO

Anesthesiology

3 Yale-New Haven Medical Center Program, New Haven, CT

Anesthesiology

4 George Washington University Program, Washington, DC

Anesthesiology

5 Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education (Jacksonville), Jacksonville, FL

Anesthesiology

6 University of Florida Program, Gainesville, FL

Anesthesiology

7 University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Medical Center Program, Miami, FL

Anesthesiology

8 Emory University Program, Atlanta, GA

Anesthesiology

9 Advocate-Illinois Masonic Medical Center Program, Chicago, IL

Anesthesiology

10 John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County Program, Chicago, IL

Anesthesiology

11 Loyola University Program, Maywood, IL

Anesthesiology

12 Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL

Anesthesiology

13 University of Chicago Program, Chicago, IL

Anesthesiology

14 University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago Program, Chicago, IL

Anesthesiology

15 Indiana University School of Medicine Program, Indianapolis, IN

Anesthesiology

16 University of Kentucky Medical Center Program, Lexington, KY

Anesthesiology

17 University of Louisville Program, Louisville, KY

Anesthesiology

18 Louisiana State University (Shreveport) Program, Shreveport, LA

Anesthesiology

19 Tulane University Program, New Orleans, LA

Anesthesiology

20 Johns Hopkins University Program, Baltimore, MD

Anesthesiology

21 University of Michigan Program, Ann Arbor, MI

Anesthesiology

22 Mayo Graduate School of Medicine (Rochester) Program, Rochester, MN

Anesthesiology

23 St Louis University School of Medicine Program, St Louis, MO

Anesthesiology

24 Washington University/B-JH/SLCH Consortium Program, St Louis, MO

Anesthesiology

25 University of Mississippi Medical Center Program, Jackson, MS

Anesthesiology

26 University of North Carolina Hospitals Program, Chapel Hill, NC

Anesthesiology

27 University of New Mexico Program, Albuquerque, NM

Anesthesiology

28 Albany Medical Center Program, Albany, NY

Anesthesiology

29 New York-Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia Campus) Program, New York, NY

Anesthesiology

29 Cleveland Clinic Foundation Program, Cleveland, OH

Anesthesiology

30 Medical University of Ohio Program, Toledo, OH

Anesthesiology

31 Ohio State University Program, Columbus, OH

Anesthesiology

32 Drexel University College of Medicine Program, Philadelphia, PA

Anesthesiology

33 Penn State University/Milton S Hershey Medical Center Program, Hershey, PA

Anesthesiology

34 Texas A&M College of Medicine-Scott and White Program, Temple, TX

Anesthesiology

35 University of Texas Health Science Center Program at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX

Anesthesiology

36 University of Texas at Houston Program, Houston, TX

Anesthesiology

37 University of Vermont Program, Burlington, VT

Anesthesiology

38 University of Washington Program, Seattle, WA

Anesthesiology

39 University of Wisconsin Program, Madison, WI

Anesthesiology

Nice work. nod

awesome work Mazingersmiling face

are u sure that places like Mayo and Yale are IMG friendly ? its hard to believe though

rockingdoctor wrote:
are u sure that places like Mayo and Yale are IMG friendly ? its hard to believe though

Its hard to believe that the mean score in the score threads is a 99....

Anyways I personally did an observership at the mayo clinic (requirement I would say >230) and from my perspective this program is extremely IMG friendly.. I have a few known IMGs doing their residency at yale.
As long as you are good and fulfill their requirements they might take you...

The criteria used for the programs I listed were programs that they clearly say on their websites what are the requirements for IMG applicants and if they didnt say anything on the site I looked for comments at scutwork.com (if they say that they have IMGs in their programs)..

GL

ok mazinger, can u plz tell me the type of visa sponsored by Yale and Mayo ? I looked at their websites but no relevant info there, u might just know the answer, thanks smiling face

rockingdoctor wrote:
ok mazinger, can u plz tell me the type of visa sponsored by Yale and Mayo ? I looked at their websites but no relevant info there, u might just know the answer, thanks smiling face

http://www.mayo.edu/msgme/admissions.html

General Admissions Requirements
Medical and surgical residencies and fellowships are open to U.S. citizens, permanent U.S. immigrants and international applicants as follows:

Medical and surgical residencies are open to qualified graduates of accredited U.S. and Canadian medical schools.
Dental specialty residencies are open to qualified graduates of approved U.S. and Canadian dental schools.
Graduates from medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates to qualify for admission. Information about certification and visa sponsorship, if required, is available from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Mayo supports ECFMG J-1 visa sponsorship for residents and fellows enrolled in graduate medical education. Mayo will support an H-1B temporary work visa under the following circumstances:

- When J-1 visa sponsorship is unavailable – that is, the program is not eligible for ECFMG certification or the program is non-ACGME accredited and non-ABMS recognized.

- When a foreign national is a graduate of U.S. medical school.

- When a foreign national holds current H-1B status for graduate medical education at another school.
You must upload scanned copies of official transcripts from each graduate school, dental school, and/or medical school you attended. You must also provide certified or notarized English translations of documents that are written in a language other than English.
All applicable licensure eligibility requirements must be fulfilled prior to starting a Mayo residency or fellowship program.
A pre-admission health review and current immunization record are required prior to starting an MSGME program.
Prospective residents and fellows must pass a criminal background check and drug screening.

Yale you can check it out for yourself...

Edited by mazinger on Jan 01, 2008 - 3:18 PM

another spot I found...

Virginia Mason program , Seattle...

GL

Good Job man
All that programs are IMG friendly according to my research as well. I cant add anyone
Just be aware that some are IMG Green Card Friendly
GL

mazinger wrote:

The criteria used for the programs I listed were programs that they clearly say on their websites what are the requirements for IMG applicants and if they didnt say anything on the site I looked for comments at scutwork.com (if they say that they have IMGs in their programs)..

GL

you are right, many sites are listing "requirements" for IMGs, but if you take a look at the list of the residents you will see that there was no IMG within list 5 years and all residents came from Drexel, Yale, et cetra
so, even if they say "IMGs welcome", it doesn't mean that they actually take IMGs

babydoc4usmle wrote:

you are right, many sites are listing "requirements" for IMGs, but if you take a look at the list of the residents you will see that there was no IMG within list 5 years and all residents came from Drexel, Yale, et cetra
so, even if they say "IMGs welcome", it doesn't mean that they actually take IMGs

gasforums.studentdoctor.net...et/showthread.php?t=429737 cool

read serenity's post...

If they say in their sites they consider IMGs and they have none in their program for years or so, that means they still havent found the IMG that meets their criteria...
GL

and? your point is?

babydoc4usmle wrote:
and? your point is?

yale does have imgs at this moment... duh... raised eyebrow

good for them....i was not talking about Yale in particular
before you say that program is IMG friendly, look at the list of residents, not on criteria they put in application part. that's all.
as for Yale, yes they do have IMGs...very few though with very strong cridentials (obviousely)

babydoc4usmle wrote:
good for them....i was not talking about Yale in particular
before you say that program is IMG friendly, look at the list of residents, not on criteria they put in application part. that's all.
as for Yale, yes they do have IMGs...very few though with very strong cridentials (obviousely)

OK I listed the CRITERIA which I used for listing the programs, this is some sort of help I tried to provide to forum members for FREE (this is something I did to start a thread in this part of the forum and because I like to help out people).. People can read it if they want to, and they are free to use this information as they want.. If they want to obnoxiously criticize what I did its ok (I try hard to be cool with that), but remember this info was for free, and was done BY THE CRITERIA I LISTED ABOVE..... so if you dont like what I write then dont read it.. But be careful to use this info, you may want to corroborate all the info I listed be4 you start to send applications and things...

REMEMBER Scutwork and websites..

Peace Out...

Maziger has done a great job showing his hospitals, I wish more member of the forum do the same (including myself).
Its our responsability to check out all info by our own criteria. Not everybody has the same credentials (as babydoc says) other than be a FMG; so scores, visas status, USCE...counts when applying for particular programs.

we must put into consideration that any program cant give priority to imgs and kick the american away!!!!

according to nrmp results of match 2006

80% of anaesthesia spots were filled by american and the other with imgs either green card holders, j1 or h1b

so if u found any program hiring 2 or 1 imgs from 10 spots available this is extremely an img friendly!!!!!!

maoudoody wrote:
so if u found any program hiring 2 or 1 imgs from 10 spots available this is extremely an img friendly!!!!!!

U are right... anesthesia is harder to get in compared to a few years in the past...

that's interesting, mazinger, how you sort things out: your peace of information is a FREE FAVOUR , my peace of information is "OBNOXIOUS CRITIQUE".
it sounds awfully close to "either my way or a highway".....
well, good luck with you list

well, check you PM.......

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Are these IMG-friendly hospitals?
IMG friendly hospitals
IMG friendly hospitals??
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact