Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Do I have a chance at all?  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

I am a new graduate and will not be able to send out application for step III registration until mid-June /waiting for diploma. I need to report to work by July 31. I am hoping to have step III by mid-July so that I can apply for an H1 visa. My questions are:

1. Once I submit my application for registration for step III, how long will it take before I reveive permit?

2. Will I be able to arrange an exam date ASAP, say the next day, I am willing to fly anywhere as needed.

3. the score report time is said to be 4-6 weeks, what about the earliest or the latest and on average time?

I know my time is tight, but now I start to thinking if it is even possible at all.

thanks for anyone for help!!!

Jen

Hi jenny, for what you are saying in your post it looks like you matched already, if you did and you have J1 you can`t change your visa.sad anyway, once you apply and send you certification of identity you recive your permit in 10-15 days by e-mail, once you have it you can schedule your exam right way, I don`t know if you can get an appointment for the next day, but maybe for the same week, who know, but it`s worth to try it, and for the wating time for the score, I know the same information that you do 4-6 weeks. hope it helps, GL.

Hey Lactobacilus, thanks for your input. yes I am matched. I am trying hard to avoid J1 visa. I am at the edge of giving up as I do not think I have enough time until being extremely lucky. thanks again. Jen

But shouldnt you have already started the procedure for J1 by now??? and once you have can you apply for H1B???

I have not started J as I know I have enough time for it, I am more concerned with H1 timeline. any comments? Jen

for those of you US or Canadian graduates, i was told FSMB with verify MD degree with national board, that meaning the school will have to report new grads information to national board, do you have any idea how it works (electroinically transfer of date or paperwork) and therefore how long it roughly take after convocation? anyone with any info? many many thanks. Jen

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Do I have a chance
Surgical residency....Do I have any chance?
do I have chance anway?
show Related resources

how to do all things from usmle to match

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact