Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Mannan binding lectin  

• 0/5

Author11 Posts

Mannan binding lectin (MBL) is

a. protein found in NK cell granules that is released on NK cell activation and kills infected cells.

b. protein that is released on phagosome/lysosome fusion in myeloid cells that has anti-microbial properties.

c. receptor found on the surface of macrophages that binds opsonized bacteria.

d. serum protein produced by liver cells in response to cytokines released by activated phagocytes.

e. chemokine released by damaged tissue that attracts neutrophils to the site of infection.

shaking headshaking head

shaking head

ANSWER --D

Can anyone answer for other options

a. protein found in NK cell granules that is released on NK cell activation and kills infected cells.=??<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

b. protein that is released on phagosome/lysosome fusion in myeloid cells that has anti-microbial properties. =??

c. receptor found on the surface of macrophages that binds opsonized bacteria.=??

d. serum protein produced by liver cells in response to cytokines released by activated phagocytes.=MBL

e. chemokine released by damaged tissue that attracts neutrophils to the site of infection.=??

shocked

C. arent manan binding lectins, toll like receptors which bind endotoxin on gram negative bact? my brain is mush..

MBL is a protein belonging to the collectin family that is produced by the liver and can initiate the complement cascade by binding to pathogen surfaces.
Answergrin

D

Hi KG,

So new for me, where is from not Mars, the vinish planet?

I just read immu last yr . My kap diagnostic give me 100, though i thought i did not understand the couging , stuffy , tics teacher lectures for listen more than one time .

smiling facenod

grin shwe..its in FA

hey nobody tried for each options..com'on its esay...

hanwin is rt smiling face

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

actin binding agents
Thyroid binding globulin
DNA binding proteins
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact