Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

5 weeks to go  

• 0/5

Author100 Posts

i am back,, i wont give up.. this is just a phase i will overcome it,, with a great score in step 2 ck nod

finished 46 UW questions...so far

june 1 st - 4 weeks to go for exam

today so far finished 21 q ans in UW OBG

finished explainations for 1 block OBG and 1 block INFEC diseases...phew

today have to revise kap obg, and kap infec dises throughly

heydoc 8 do you the UW by subject? are your scores above or below the average score for the test?
I am soing Q from UW too... done with kaplan videos and first read now reading prep for the boards on the way to work and doing Q at night do you feel prepared... I am anxious...

hi dranagarcia,
sorry abt the late reply
yes i do feel anxious abt the test, esp since the uw is going slow, but we just to keep pushing ourselves , no other alternative,
my score r sometimes above average esp psychiatry and peds, but many times they do go below average, the thing is i feel, UW is to be used as a study tool, so i dont worry abt my scores too much, and yes right now i am doing UW subjectwise...GL
and by the way cute looking kid,,,in the photo

now i am in my last 5 weeks of preparation,,, i do not want to postpone my exam,, well i cant postpone rather.. so this is it..
anyone who is in the same boat is welcome to join me in this journey,,,nod
we can support each other and make the journal less painful..

i am doing UW right now,, finished 2 readings of IM, and 1 reading of other subjects
i am going to start my revision today with PEDS kaplan notes and FA, B & W.

so happy studying everyone!!!!!!!!!

i changed the headline of my topic, it will remind me of the time i have left,,,got to read fastttttttgrin

i will update my jounal every few hours, i might feel more motivated to learn things faster,,
okay so far , reading FA peds and corresponding kaplan notes
finishd CNS, NEONATOLOGY
now doing cvs

doc08 are you reading the latest FA...2007 Edition...can you tell me how different is it from the last one....You are going good..you have started the revisions on time...GOOD LUCK!!!

hi jana
thanks for dropping by, was kind of feeling all alone in this step 2 prep, nod
i am reading FA 5 edition which i bought in jan or feb 2007 i think,
i do not know about the latest edition , must have come out recently ??
the one i have is pretty good for reviewing quickly though i didnt like cvs and reviewed it from B and w where its really superb, atleast for me.

okay so after many short naps and 3 cups of tea i finished CVS, gosh, some days r just slowwwwwwww
okay now i am fresh and ready to rock,
i will strat genetics...
happy studying everyone.

Hi doc08--Good going buddy! Why are you thinking youa re all alone!! I am there always with something or the otherwink..Well , I have to give my CK in August second week--No other go! I have finished Medicine-reading twice and PEDS rewading once.Do you think is it possible to finish all other subjects + UW +revision in 2 months? Tough job right?

finished FA second read peds,
feel like i have done something so far
next UW questions, i wont do peds , fed up of reading it, so i will do med q,,,,

hey sprint, so glad u r back on the scene,grin
u r always welcome to write in my journal, if we can push each other to study harder then the journey will be less painful,nod
i really feel u can give exam in aug 2 nd week, still 2 months left, but u will have to put in a lot of hours,
i am also pressured for time, as i have more than half of UW left which is eating all my time, i have to give exam mid july no other go !!!!
we just have to study harder, thats the only way,,,
also from what i have heard we can apply for 2008 match up until dec 31, BUT if we want maximum number of interviews then we have to be ready with ecfmg certificate by sep 1st,
so thats our goal, we can do it !!!!!!!
GL

good luck!!

doc08 r u done with cs.

yes shaina i am done with cs, now need to get over this ck, before it takes over my life completely
thanks jana for dropping by,

yesterday started with FA hepatogy, but later wasted lot of time as i had to run some errands, could not avoid it,
today doing hepatology qs from UW, with FA , KN in between

hi doc08,
i have been following your journal for quite a while now.though i did'nt post anything before.
i liked your study pace. and also because even i have my exam in the mid july. and i have to give it by then for sure.
i doing my third reading now. and i also decided to follow first aid.
i wanted to ask how you are accomodating firstaid and the kaplan notes and then the uw also.i really fall short of time by the end of the day and then the back log is carrying on to the next day.do u have any timetable planned for the next 3-4 weeks? i still have abt 30%of the uw to finish also.your feedback will really be appreciated doc08.

best of luck to u !!

by the way my today's target :
emergency medicine from kaplan notes and first aid.
renal from first aid.
cvs from kaplan notes
+ i block uw qs.
so lets see..........

hi nokia
welcome to the journal,
i try to read FA first and then do corresponding UW and then i try to do kaplan notes later only on the topics where i need to strengthen my concepts,
but somedays i cant finish my target and i lag behind,

i am very bad with timetables, as u can see from my journal, timetables gives me tremors, and i never follow it,never have
so i dont have one right now, i am trying to study as much as i can,once i finish UW i will make one for the last revision

you are welcome to write here anytime, u can write everyday so we can study together and encourage each other to achieve our targets

okay yesterday was doing good with UW mcqs when i succumbed to the temptation of watching 2 movies !!!!!
so bad , with only 4 weeks to the exam !!!,
anyway i acccepted that i am only human,grin and i will forget what happened, , and move on

today is a fresh day, i have already started UW and done with 10 expla already
todays target
okay i will achieve my target for today and then write it...

hey doc 08 thanks for replying.
and iam glad too, to join ur journal.
yes even iam bad at timetables, i make one almost everyother day.
yesterday as usual i was only able to complete only 3/4 of my target.
so i have kept one day next week to complete my back logs, before i start off with another subject.
hey good thing that u watched a movie.it gives a good break , and then u feel refreshed to start all over again. even i do that sometimes.
so i will hopefully write in ur journal everyday.
for today my targets are:
cns from kaplan notes n firstaid.
derm from kaplan notes n firstaid.
and then the misc topics at the end. and then ofcourse,qs.
lets seee.
good studying!!!

today did 26 explainations and finished optho, hepatology fro first aid , kaplan
calling it an early day today
tommorow will start a fresh day

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Khách hàng nên chọn mua bán xe ô tô chính hãng hay xe nhập sẽ có lợi hơn
Mua bán xe ô tô cũ và kinh nghiệm cần biết khi mua xe đã qua sử dụng
four weeks to go...
show Related resources

Live 10 weeks STEP I prep course
ICSA Live 10 weeks STEP I course

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact