Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Advice regarding chances for next match  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

Hi,

To all. I will be applying for the next years match. Grad 2000 worked for 2 yrs in a hospital in home country and came here for my PhD in neurosciences. Will be completed in 2008. Willl have one first author and three second author pubs by then. I also have presented 12 abtracts in neuroscience meetings. But Iam an old grad with no experience in USA. Scores mid nineties in both 1/2 , step 3= 81 all first attempts. Its difficult for me to do a observership coz of my schedule. Since u guys have a first hand experience of the whole process what do thinh r my chances of getting in. Also need visa but dont mind J1.
Thanks in advance

Hello Dentrite,

Welcome to the forum!

Don't worry your chances are VERY good to match I would say 100% to match the only q is where?

Since you are getting your PhD you will have a greater chance to get a position at a big academic institution. Plus, neuro is particularly research oriented field... I mean as far as I can tell. I dont think that something like a "community" neuro program even exists... confused Anyways, the point is your chances are high. Don't worry. Try to do an observership at the univ where yor getting your PhD. Where is that, by the way?

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Mufurc

Hi mufrc,

Could u plz give me ur email...i would like to communicate with u personally as i have tons of qUeries. Or u can contact me at dr4122@gmail.com. Thanks,
hoping to hear from u

Hey Dentrite, why don't you pm your questions to me and I'll try my best to answer them.

Just click on my name "Mufurc" and you 'll see options to send a message directly to me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

M

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

my chances for next match
advice for next match
Advice for next match
show Related resources

Match a Resident
Residency Match 101 Biggest Mistakes
First Aid for the Match

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact