Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Failed step 2 CK 176  

• 0/5

Author20 Posts

I failed step 2 with 176, i was feeling very confident before and after the exam, i had enough time to finish everything, i do not know where i am lacking. i did kaplan tapes once, boards and wards once some topics twice, i did 1000 qs from lange, 1000 qs from mock, 500 peds qs from pretests, 500 surgery qs from pretest, 300 qs int med qs pretest, i read ob gy and peds from kaplan books and as far as questions i only reviewed the ones i got wrong.
Can anyone please give some feedbacks becouse i passed step 1 and step 2 cs in 2006 i was hoping to enter the scramble but now is too late i am very disappointed with my self.

do you know anything about score recheck

by the way i l ove this forum i wish i knew it before

hey shakatori

i am really sorry about ur step 2. but u r almost there, dun give up. wishing u the best for ur next exam.

stay strong shakatori

thanks for the courage lecheah
good luck to u too

Don't give up study hard next time u will do good don't think about failure
GOOD LUCK

thanks a lot vanshita
have you passed step 2 ck, and if so can you let me know what can i focus more on, i am retaking it in march.

Shakatori:
I am praying for you. Know everything you can about Internal Medicine. You'll do it this time!nod

i dont have my score yet but i loved UW during my prep...u cud give it a try

is this your first step that you take..or youve already passed step1?

Shakatori

I am sorry for wht happened 2 u .

But, it is sure that you can get a good score, if you try to gather courage and new hopes and start with renewed zeal. I agree that, it is easy to say this, than doing it. But, that is the only option . So, go ahead and rejuvenate yourself.

Kaplan notes and UW are a must . So, try to do them, untill you are quite comfortable with all the topics. Above all, try to have a postive attitude and get out of this difficult situation.

Good luck !

Dear Shakatori,
U failed in ck thats not the end of the world , there is no point in thinking about what went wrong, its all waste of time.... Recollect yrself and be ready to strike yr head aginst the wall , and this time either yr head or the wall must break... u understand wat i mean to say , collect all yr energy and enthu`m and give it a new start... cheer up ... good luck smiling face

sorry for what happened..
Do uw, learn the explanation and youl do great next time!
Good luck

First - it's great that you got an almost passing score. How much was the passing score - 185? So you need few more questions and you would have passed. I suggest do the Kaplan books once again and the Kaplan IM two more time. Than do USMLE world question. Also take the online NBME exams - they are good predictors of your score.
Second - why do you say you can not scramble - I think you can still scramble, even with only two exams. It just that your chances are decreasing, but you never know - give it a try. Please, correct me if I am wrong about the scramble thing, but that's my understanding.
Cheersnod

arlete wrote:
Shakatori:
I am praying for you. Know everything you can about Internal Medicine. You'll do it this time!nod

Arlete
thank you so much for your support, you are right about internal medicine, i did poorly on that one.

anne06 wrote:
i dont have my score yet but i loved UW during my prep...u cud give it a try

i did uw for cs and i passed , but i did not use it for ck i thought i did enough. anyway thanks for the advise i will buy it do you think i have enough time , i am scheduled for mar 5 2007.

thanks

laura81 wrote:
is this your first step that you take..or youve already passed step1?

hi laura 81

i have passed step 1 and step 2 cs

just do it wrote:
Shakatori

I am sorry for wht happened 2 u .

But, it is sure that you can get a good score, if you try to gather courage and new hopes and start with renewed zeal. I agree that, it is easy to say this, than doing it. But, that is the only option . So, go ahead and rejuvenate yourself.

Kaplan notes and UW are a must . So, try to do them, untill you are quite comfortable with all the topics. Above all, try to have a postive attitude and get out of this difficult situation.

Good luck !

thanks for your support my kaplan lecture notes are from 2002 do you think they have changed by now. please coment

good luck to you and thanks again

Guptashutosh wrote:
Dear Shakatori,
U failed in ck thats not the end of the world , there is no point in thinking about what went wrong, its all waste of time.... Recollect yrself and be ready to strike yr head aginst the wall , and this time either yr head or the wall must break... u understand wat i mean to say , collect all yr energy and enthu`m and give it a new start... cheer up ... good luck smiling face

guptashutosh

thanks a lot you are great made me feel good, i finished cadiology on weekend with dr fischers tapes, i am starting hemo today.

thanks a lot for your support

dn25 wrote:
sorry for what happened..
Do uw, learn the explanation and youl do great next time!
Good luck

is one month enough for uw

thanks and good luck to you too

abusedpostdoc wrote:
First - it's great that you got an almost passing score. How much was the passing score - 185? So you need few more questions and you would have passed. I suggest do the Kaplan books once again and the Kaplan IM two more time. Than do USMLE world question. Also take the online NBME exams - they are good predictors of your score.
Second - why do you say you can not scramble - I think you can still scramble, even with only two exams. It just that your chances are decreasing, but you never know - give it a try. Please, correct me if I am wrong about the scramble thing, but that's my understanding.
Cheersnod

thanks for your advise you guys are great

How could you take the test without doing usmleworld

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

the 3 attempt...176/72%
176/71 :(Asking advice now.
FAILED FAILED STEP2 CK
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact