Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

painless mass in scrotum  

• 0/5

Author13 Posts

M.55 yrs with painless mass in scrotum(2cm) transillumination is positive.diagnosis?
1-hydrocele
2-spermatocele
3-hernia
4varicocele
5-testicular caconfused

3-hernia

2. spermatocoele?

hydrocele?

Sorry.....yes its probably hydrocoele

hydrocele

hydrocele

thanks everyone,the answer given is hydrocele but no explanation why hydrocele?can anyone give explanation why not spermatocele because hydrocele and spermatocele both are transillumination positive .and spermatocele occour in older age. please can any one clear to me .thanks

spermatocele they will decribe th feel ``bag of worms`` ; secondly -if not atleast they will specify that the mass is on the LEFT side.... ; third thing is that the mass with spermatocele regress with supination which may be mentioned in Q .... these r the clues to reach thew diag of spermatocele.......miss sweety Good Luck

thanks a lot,now it clear to me,i really appreciate.smiling facesmiling facesmiling face

Guptashutosh wrote:
spermatocele they will decribe th feel ``bag of worms`` ; secondly -if not atleast they will specify that the mass is on the LEFT side.... ; third thing is that the mass with spermatocele regress with supination which may be mentioned in Q .... these r the clues to reach thew diag of spermatocele.......miss sweety Good Luck

Sorry I beg to differ.....I think what you are describing is a varicocoele.....not a spermatocoele.

bag of worms: varycocele

this question looks like hydrocele. I dont know why not spermatocele, is it less frequent?, dont know

Hydrocele transluminate and u cant palpate the swelling seperat from the testes.
Spermatocele the testes can be palpated separatly from the swelling.
&i think (not sure) it doesnt transluminate

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Painless mass in parotid gland
Pariuri Esports în România
Pariuri Esports în România
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact