Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Match'08  

• 0/5

Author53 Posts

Hello Everybody ,

A Very Happy New Year to all of you. I hope, wish and pray that all our dreams and goals for this year are achieved.

I am starting my prep journal because i need some (lots of) motivation. So do please take time to drop me a line of encouragement or motivation. Well a little about myself, i am done with Step 1 (2nd attempt and low score) and step 2 CS (first attempt).
Have to do really good on step 2 CK if i want to get any interviews for next year. I see friends around me with good scores and no interviews, so i'm kind of scared about step 2.

Goal is to take step 2 in April first week. Anybody in the same boat?
I am half way through IM and will be starting UW, hopefully from Jan 15th. Plan to do it subjectwise and finish by Feb 15th. Then start another reading of kaplan along with kaplan q bank(mixed and timed). Want to take NBME 1 sometime between the two q banks (undecided yet). Further Plan after NBME 1 score.
One month before exam i want to do UW timed and mixed. My aim and goal is to get a decent score, which will get me a residency considering my step 1 score is very low.

So friends who have patiently read through my journal, thank you and please do drop me a line of encouragement ( coz i really need it ).
I keep telling myself that after this exam is done you will get your ECFMG certificate and that is something i have been looking forward to for many years. Yes, i am an old graduate, married and have two kids. Right now for the first half of year 2007 the main goal is ECFMG certification.

Wish me luck and pray for all us who are in the same boat, and some day all our dreams will come true.

Match08 smiling facesmiling facesmiling facesmiling facesmiling facesmiling facesmiling facesmiling face

Study hard. Let's hit the Kap books , Crush, UW HARD! I m so mad at these tests already. Good luck! don't mind oher people's scores. We are diff. individuals. Things go differently for each of us. Just work hard. It's easier said than done but just do it!

Good luck>>

I need an advice .I am IMG scores 92/97/waiting for cs rezults and just completed 1 months observershipp.

I am goin to be interviewd here whhere I just finished the observership in 2 days.I have only 2 interviews .
I need any advice sombody can give me about the interview and the steps aI shoud take to obtain a rezidency this year.

hi match 08,
I am old graduate( female ),married with 2 kids and preparing for step2 3rd attempt,waiting for step2 cs results. motivation is what goes down with all responsibilities and caring but good to know many of us struggling with all this. done with 1 reading but superficial still more depth to be done .u can post what ur supposed to finish that way we can track each others progress. when u know someone is in the same boat it helps quite a lot. are u in USA? where? gl and happy studying bgg

Completed GIT from Kaplan yesterday, plan for today is to do questions from GIT and review one more time.

bgg, i will post my plan for the day and you can do the same so we can keep track of our progress. Yes i am in USA, TX.Good Luck. What are you reading now? My plan is to finish IM and then do Peds. Finished one reading of OBG.

hi matcho8,nice to know that we are in the same boat.when ru planning to give ur exam?ru done with step2 cs?my plan is to start from today for 01/05 - 01/11 Ob&gynalong with questions and review ,01/12 - 01/17 pediatrics, 01/18 -01/ 21 psych,01/22 -till end on month medicine.,02/01- 02/06 surgerymy plan is that have to keep it up.i am following blueprints and first aid nothing else and have usmlew.done with 1 reading but really have to study .want to study really hard .gl bgg

Plan for today is to complete Neuro. Done with GIT. Will start with UW from Monday.

Want to be done with IM by next weekend. Have few topics left. Then by the end of the month finish reviewing peds, surgery and psych. Done with OBG. Well let us hope we finish our first reading as planned bgg. I'll keep checking on you and you do the same. We should be done with first reading by Feb 10th latest, at this pace.
My plan is to take exam early April, haven't applied yet. Want to take NBME before i send my application. What about you do you have a date. Yes i took CS in 2005 and done with it. Study well.

hi match08,nice to know u.are u working?how old rur kids?do they allow u to study?i have 2 girls one in kG,and other in 7 grade.gl bgg

Completed neuro from kaplan tpday.

Bgg i sent you an email.

hi match 08,im in the same boat.im done with step 1 with not a great score n sec attempt.im too scared abt what would happen.well im too planning to tk step2 in april.im done with git,rheumat,derma n sum obs.im trying to finish UW subj wise as a learning tool.it is difficult to keep up with yr targets without any encouragement.so lets push each other n everything would be fine.just believe in god.happy studyingnod

Finished Renal from Kaplan on saturday. sunday was not productive at all hopefully do questions today and maybe dermatology.

Dr Chand you are right, we need to push and motivate each other so that we acheive our goals. Howz UW coming along? Don't worry about scores on UW and use it as learning more info, i'm sure you already know that. Study well.

hii match08,im doing UW from a cd that a friend had given.so im really not worried about the score.i finished haemat dvd tday,but still doing hepat que which i have to finish tday.need to speedup....nod
HAPPY STUDYING!

Well i did questions from renal yesterday but didn't get to dermat. Plan for today is to do hematology from kaplan and questions. Good to see everyone progressing.

bgg where are you?? Dr Chand do you have a date set for April? I am yet to send in my application.

hi match,i did hemat yest ,but still pending witha lot questions.no i hv not yest applied.will do tht by the end of this mth.happy studying.need to speed up with questions.nod

Completed hemat yesterday. Began my day late today, so not much progress. Did 50 questions from neuro, plan was to do go through cardio from kaplan and that would finish my first review of kaplan. lets see if i can complete by tonight. Plan to start with UW from tomorrow and also start psychiatry review.

hi match 08, send u email. actually change of timetable thought will finish medicine as long time since gave 1 read so want to finish by 18 let me see, but sometimes motivation at it's lowest but have to study,study,study.hard work pays in the end. how well do u keep ur scheduele and do you feel upset or some vague feeling if ur not able to finish the intended portion? gl bgg

Plan for today is to start UW subscription and start with Psychiatry. Plan to do highlights and quick review that way it will be done fast. Highlights i think are only 3 hours.

Keep me motivated guys, will keep you posted about how UW is going.

Finished quick review of kaplan psychiatry and brushed through FA psych. Will subscribe to UW today and see if i can finish psych questions. Thats the plan for today and also try and do questions from Q book. Looks like my day will start late today again so lets see how much i can achieve today.

Happy Studying!

Did about 100 questions from psych. subscribed to UW today but couldn't open it in the lib becoz of some java problems. have to look into that today. So plan to start UW not accomplished today. hopefully i should be able to start tomorrow and finish psyc over the weekend. i guess just questions today for me.

Finally got to fix the UW java problem and was able to start today. i completed psychiatry today about 146 questions total. I think my problem is remeber ing the antipsychotic drugs and classifications, need to work a little on that and the different subtypes of schizophrenia. couldn't get much done today as my son is down with flu and at home, so i'm glad atleast i could do questions. Will start with surgery tomorrow.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

08/08/08 at Philadelphia
After SCRAMBLE:Few Q For MATCH'08
MEGA SURGERY APPLICANTS THREAD '07-'08
show Related resources

Digitaldoc's blog - USMLEtoMD
Pharmacology: Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews
Match a Resident

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact