Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Canadian Match - CARMS  

• 0/5

Author13 Posts

Anyone out there also applying to CARMS?

I will, as soon as u kick me to submit the application.. !

wasn't the last day for the 1st iteration 15 th Nov though?
I'm applying only for the 2nd as don't think I have too many chances in the 1st

Also, nisha - did u IV in Alberta? I'm asking since they've sent the rank order list and the deadline is the 20th, so check your email!

does it include speciality ranking too?

Yes of course; and by location

Results will be out by Nov 27th.cool

Hey guys, if i do a residency from Canada, am i still eligible to practice the same specialty in US??

If you're an IMG you still have to have ECFMG certification; but yes a residency from canada holds good in the US - EXCEPT for FM where there are some exceptions
In FM the residency in Canada is 2 yrs versus 3 in the US, but the Canadian CCFP ( Family practice Boards) are still recognized in 39 states in the US

hey cord md

why r u thinking of residency in canada

is it possible tht we can get residency if u r ecfmg certified

i mean residency in canada

Hi vanco, I'm an IMG from India whos now a canadian citizen. The rate for IMGs to get a medical residency in Canada is very low - I think the official stats were 3-5%. Thats why I did the USMLE's.
But to have a chance at the few seats there are - one has to pass the Canadian exams - the MCCEE, the MCQE Part I & II and then apply thru individual State orgs such as in Alberta or thru the Central match - CARMS - which is identical to ERAS.
So in the last 2 years I did them all. Thats why its so disheartening to get hardly any IV's

Also, the JI visa can only be obtained when u show the Canadian gove that you've done your Canadian Boards - so yes u have the intention of coming back.
Then they give you a Statement of need and then the US gives you a J1 visa - (some sort of agreement b/w US and Canada to further screw up IMGs in Canadamad )

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Carms match
ERAS and CaRMS, tips for match?
CaRMS 2007
show Related resources

Match a Resident
Residency Match 101 Biggest Mistakes
First Aid for the Match

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact