Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

obgyn rejection and interviews  

• 100/5

Author72 Posts

gr8 creds purpose driven.. wud u b kind to share ur last yr experience of matching into transitional with us? i think u did ur trans on ur opt?

gladly, apurva.
i applied late october last year for 10 TY prgrms and 23 obgy prgrms; at the time i was in the mph prgrm and had not taken the cs. i got only one ogby intvw (rochester gen. hosp'l) and two TY intvws (Tufts univ, and St vincent's in connecticut). i got excellent feedback from RGH but i decided to drop them from my match list, mainly bcos i am looking for a university prgm (since my main goal is to do REI fellowship i don't want to bug myself down in any community prgm, and end up not getting to do a fellowship). so i had only the 2 TY prgms on my match list; match day came, and guess what!!!? i didn't match!!! was i surprised? nope!(at the 2 TY intvws, i was practically told by the PDs that it would be a miracle for a FMG to match into TY), was i hurt? just a little bit! did i give up? obviously no!(but i almost did!, mainly b'cos i had a tough exam in one of my mph courses on the scramble day, and the step 3 exam the following week - it crossed my mind that may be i was biting too much and that i should just let it go, the stress was getting too much). but i went ahead and 'scrambled' for just 4 TY prgms; i chose only those that were accepting applications thru eras. one of them called me the following day- i was in the middle of another exam and almost made the mistake of not picking up the phone. i called them back later after i had explained to the exam invigilator how important that call was; the rest is history. was i excited? you bet i was!!! and yes you are right i am using the opt, and praying for H1 in 2007. i want to end up in Yale or Emory for my obgy; i will keep you all posted.

God is good

you are nice purpose.and have a great never say die attitude...by the way,are u infectious??it would really help smiling face

Haaa haaaa haaaa, you make me laugh, promoter.
you have such a rich sense of humor; it will serve you well on the intvw trail, trust me.
infectious? well i like to describe myself in such glorious terms, but then there has not been any multi-center, randomized controlled studies to prove that assertiongringringrin

by the way obgy guys, get ready for this week our mailboxes are going to burst at the seams with good news...intvws, intvws, intvws!!! Amennod

Hey where are all the obgy guys?shaking head did any of you hear anything today?
no messages in my mailbox today, but tomorrow will certainly be a better day. Best wishes to y'all.nod

Hi purposedriven..I still havent heard anything from any of the programs..you should have no probs matchng this year..you have an excellent CV.

i didn't hear anything today too!!!
thanks for your nice comments, snowy. best wishes to you too

What's up guys?? Silence...is it goldenshaking head

no news today. better days ahead!!!nod

2 intvw calls today; univ. of maryland and Hurley medical ctr/michigan state univ. - a total of 6 now. this is the sign of better and greater things for all obgy guys. just hold on tight!!!

Congrats purpose.. No luck for me this week.Feeling very down..

hookorcrook, it is still a bit early. relax. all will be well; the most important thing is that we shall match - by hook or crookwink

Hi purposedriven

Can I ask you when did you apply? thanks

catmd04, i applied on september 5th. sorry for taking so long to reply; been working all day long.

btw, no action today. but i know the calls are going to be pouring in from next monday; i have actually started looking for a personal secretary who will help me in scheduling my intvw dates - i'm going to have more intvws than i bargained for, so i better start preparing!!!nod

thanks for your reply

good luck to you

Arpit,Hookorcrook,Promoter,

Have you guys gotten interviews/rejectionsfrom anywhere..Its total silence on my end.

hey today i got my 1st interview invitation...albert eienstine,philadelphianodnodnodnod

congrats, arpit. A/E, philly is a good prgm. i also got 2 calls today from emory and baylor (dallas). i am so excited!!! i know the calls are going to be virtually pouring in from tomorrow for us all. let's cheer upnodnodnod

congratulations!

purposedriven u really do have interviews from good hospitals

hey I`m new here. I had just Apply... the thing is that I read on one of this forums... that sooner better... the bad thing is that nothing is even updated to my PostOffice. ECFMG haven`t received it yet also. I sent my documents one week ago. I hope it will be done soon. I also doesn`t have good scores... so... I don`t have great expectations this year!!... let`s see !... Does anybody knows how many days it takes to programs after you apply to see your CAF and start giving rejections or interviews ?... Is the ECFMG status report available for them ?.... Thanks for your inputs. Hope best for you all !!

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

obgyn interviews
OBGYN and psychiatry lectures
Kaplan vs Blueprint OBGYN? Which is better?
show Related resources

Blueprints in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Human Anatomy and Physiology GC 1132
Kaplan Lecture Notes and Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact