IV's Prelim:
Jacobi
NY Medical College (Metropolitan)
M C of Georgia
Howard Univ Washington DC
nodgrinnodgrinnodgrin

Way to go Valine... go ECU!!! grin

hi guys
i'm not applying for radiology, but have always been interested in it.
you guys think someone with average board scores has a hot at radiology match, lets say 2008 match, if they do one year of dedicated radiology research at a well known institution?

hi guys
i'm not applying for radiology, but have always been interested in it.
you guys think someone with average board scores has a shot at radiology match, lets say 2008 match, if they do one year of dedicated radiology research at a well known institution?

Chances of getting into that institution only increases, u have to make through the initail screening which for most places is 95 +

If you know some one there u can get there itself.

Rej: CCF, Wayne State, U of Kansas Witchita.

Rejection Memorial Health Savannah, GA. Wating list TY St. Joseph Chicago.

Rej Loyola today.

xavecor wrote:
Way to go Valine... go ECU!!! grin

Xavecor:
No good news so far though! Maybe december is our month!
Justo more and more rejections.
Is this your first time in the match?

go ECU!!!!grin

Valine:
Well you got some prel. IV, that's a start. Let's keep high hopes and expectations for the upcomming days. It's not over yet!!!

Yeap, I'm a first-timer sticking out tongue

Rej University of Chicago.... Ohio State University...

Well, I kept it somewhat secret (from everyone, not just you), but I had my first rads interview today.

It went so well (I think), and I am trying not to get so excited, because it's the only one I've been asked to attend. Nothing from PY/TY, so I'm sort of uneasy.

The program I was interviewed in was fantastic. The residents really loved their attendings, and were very proud of the staff that they were a part in. This has totally (once again) made me love radiology even more (who would have thought possible), and I just cannot get my hopes up. Just because I've been interviewed, doesn't mean I have a job there. But this is fantastic, people.

The problem is, I don't have good scores. In fact, I have absolute crappy scores. Abysmal, actually. BUT... Someone saw something in me, and felt I was worthy enough to interview. It was fantastic, and super. But, to keep me on earth, I have to worry about TY/Prelim.. No IVs yet, and it's very scary to have to go up against these "super-nerds" who are all AMGs, all passing with 99s and are so into themselves....

BUT, I gave a great interview. I was honest, I was myself, and I think I talked a mile a minute. But I think they liked me. At least that is the impression they gave me.

So, what I'm saying is: Don't give up your dream. YOU know where you fit in... Today was just another confirmation that it's "RADIOLOGY OR BUST!!!!"

GL to all of you. smiling face

SBT

spebeeto wrote:

The program I was interviewed in was fantastic. The residents really loved their attendings, and were very proud of the staff that they were a part in. This has totally (once again) made me love radiology even more (who would have thought possible), and I just cannot get my hopes up. Just because I've been interviewed, doesn't mean I have a job there. But this is fantastic, people.

Hey spebeeto, congratulations on your interview! You don't have to give away where your interview was, but can you let us know which region it came from? Northeast (NY, CT, NJ?) or Midwest (KS, MO, etc)? South (LS, GA, FL)? West (CA, WA, OR)?

spebeeto wrote:

The problem is, I don't have good scores. In fact, I have absolute crappy scores. Abysmal, actually. BUT... Someone saw something in me, and felt I was worthy enough to interview. It was fantastic, and super. But, to keep me on earth, I have to worry about TY/Prelim.. No IVs yet, and it's very scary to have to go up against these "super-nerds" who are all AMGs, all passing with 99s and are so into themselves....

Don't worry so much about a PGY-1 position. The biggest thing is matching in rads, you can always scramble into prelim medicine, or if you really have to, tough out a prelim surgery year. Matching in rads is the hardest part, that's for sure. Or better yet, ask the program where you had your rads interview if they can talk to the medicine department about giving you a TY/PM interview.

Glad your interview went well, I hope I get a similar chance.

FragileX

Any luck with radiology guys? Does one year of dedicated research help???

82/81 GC
6 Rejection in Radio
3 Calls in Prelim-IM:
Flushing-NY
Oakwood-MI
WeskLake-IL

I got a rejection from Dartmouth-Hitchcock today sad sad

I got a rejection from Dartmouth-Hitchcock too! How many programs did you guys apply.

hey guys once you match into rads (which i hope all of you would ) please post your experiences and creds and places you interviewed at in greater detail..

GL to all!!

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Diagnostic Radio residency...??
rejections or calls first?
Calls / Rejections for Pediatrics
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact