Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Malpractice insurance ?  

• 0/5

Author78 Posts

i say its worth it especially wen it helps greatly to get a residency cause i dont wanna be penny wise pound foolish...can u help me with other universities offering malpractice insurance

harvard, stanford, mayo, alabama U, mount sinai (?), tulane, baylor

good luck!

and northwestern

thank you...wat do u think is it worth it...wat if i work under a u.s trained/graduated doctors in my country (india)..there are many hospitals..well u are payed well and u get good clinical experience ...and LOR..no visa hassels..WAT SAY..thank u for all ur replies

esp manu... good work grin

hey shy
could you tell what happened?
thanks for the thread

shy..can u please tell me how did it go after sendin ur fax to gabreila garcia..wat s ur impression is she relaible

guys my batch mate got clerkship in lousville..he doesnt have malpractice insurance yet but he told me he has assured the university that he will get one before reporting..can it happen??..but i am sure he got clerkship and is good guy dont think he is lying..

Dragonfly wrote:
i think i read somwhere that there is concept in american insurance world called "tail" which shortly means if you are working for e.g. 1 month at some hospital and you have a "tail to your insurance" for 1 year and then you leave and maybe 6 months later a patient of yours dies as a result of what you did to him 6 months ago, the "tail" covers it.

but i am not sure if this is the same thing.

so one must take care of his tail by spending 1000 dollars!!!!!!!mad

"tail coverage" is very important. it basically covers you for the duration of time that you're not covered by malpractice for any incident that happened as a result of your actions when you were covered. i don't know why they would require this of you though... i guess they're trying to play it safe.

let me know what happens.

best of luck smiling face

Edited by new_n_lost on Oct 16, 2007 - 8:50 AM. : removed the Ad from the post.

this thread seems to have been dead since quite a while... did anybody get malpractice?

Thanks smiling face

Thanks everyone for useful experience.

I just want to ask a question: Does Observeship have to pay for Malpratice insurance?

Best

Vietnamese wrote:

Thanks everyone for useful experience.

I just want to ask a question: Does Observeship have to pay for Malpratice insurance?

Best

No, as it's a hands-off experience only. So you don't need malpractice.

Well i will be doing an elective in new york and the form submitted by the insurance company asks me whether i will provide direct patient care and if so what kind of care. The reccomendations from the broker are to state that i will be observing only.

And my questions are: If i write in the contract that i will only be observing, if something happes and i am sued will they cover me?

and second question:
If i write that i will provide direct health care what exactly should i write?

thanks

What about this company? Have anybody used it?

www.academicins.com

paul229 wrote:
this thread seems to have been dead since quite a while... did anybody get malpractice?

Thanks smiling face

Yeah, it's almost the end of the year and nobody, neither Dragonfly, or anybody else who were struggling to get this has stated if they succeded or not...

Please tell us!!! I think we all would appreciate this kind of information...

so everyone...any one succeeded to get it ??

I can't believe the tuiton fee is at 2400 a month. How can one afford that? Do you know of any scholarships or reimbursements that you can get? Does this include malpractice insurance as well?

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

malpractice insurance-ASAP
Malpractice insurance 4observership ASAP
Malpractice Insurance
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact