A. 100
B. 50
C. 33
D. 25
E. 0

(%)

PLEASE EXPLAIN!! smiling face

wher is the pic

.here is the pic... sorry it didn't attach first time.

Attached Files:
Genetics.JPG (42 KB, 186 downloads)
attachment

A. 100%

no. not A

E???????

D

if is ressesive 25%

If is autosomic DOMINANT is 50%
if is autosimic Ressesive is 25 %

E is right... can you explain Robin?

yes please

It does not matter to me

thanks for the post

gang

look III3 and III4

Both are males and receive X chromosome from their mother.

Both are phenotypically normal so their X chromosome is normal--> upper X chromosomes is normal.

II4 is father, has one X normal.

III 2 recieves one normal X from father and the normal other from mother. she carries both normal X--> 0%

at first I only looked at father and though lower X is noraml and the upper one is abnormal. I should be careful for such question

tricky one

Thanks... I figured it out by the pedigree only... You don't need the info withthe bands to solve it, right?

U do...to figure out that the alleles in the 2 normal sons are differentand hence BOTH are normal. if the bands werent there , we'd have to calculate risk of being a carrier etc

yes i see it now... II-5 has two normal X's so her kids are normal.

hello, I am finding it tough to understand the qs especially the box with dashes and roman numerals,forgive me for sounding like a lay man ,I think step1 will force me to come face to face with all the nightmares i avoided back in medical school......gulp!!, so please can any one spoon feed me.....thanx!rolling eyes

.....well I guess I figured it out after some cool thinking,sorry 4 the trouble guys ,I get scared early,and 4 those who r as repulsive of genetics as i m let me decipher the facts to help others,here goes..(only 4 mediocres!!)

ii4,ii5------------are just the labels (x,y axis)for dad and mom of the woman concerned(shown with an arrow)

the bars in the box are genetic mapping of the x chromosomes of men and women ,hence only one bar for a male and two for femal to show the distribution of different x chromosomes of the mother since there is a chance that the same x chromosome might have been reused in both iii3 and iii4 as studying pointed out.
THE PEDIGREE is an XR as no females are diseased.
in an XR carrier mother atleastr50% of her son has to be affected which is not a case here so ii-5 is innocent,not a carrier,ie has no defective X to give to her daughter which may accept one of her x chromosome ,the other X comes from her father who is normal so cant have defective X (no carriers possible in males,eithr dsd or normal)

so the iii-2 female is proved not to be a carrier . QIDgrin

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Southern Blot help !!!
pedigree
pedigree
show Related resources

Blueprints in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Human Anatomy and Physiology GC 1132
Kaplan Lecture Notes and Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact