Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

some one advise me please  

• 0/5

Author12 Posts

can any one advise me by a good surgical book i can use for step 2 and be easy and interesting to read (not boring)

thanks so much

It's much easier to say what you shouldn't read - 'Blueprints Surgery'.disapproval

hi p53 i dont know what u mean really , u adivse me to use blueprints or you direct me to avoid ? also i read for some peoples they dislike that book!

of course, I advise to avoid 'Blueprints Surgery'!

thanks p53 but u still didnt advise me by good book , i really in need for it and be interesting raised eyebrow

try 'NMS Surgery', by Jarrell, 2000, 700p. if it's not too much for you - trauma and orthopedics, which are the most heavily tested step 2 CK surgery topics, are emphasised in it; by the way, 'Blueprints Surgery' doesn't have even a word about orthopedics.

i heard it is so much full by details ,what u think about surgical recall or mount reid hand book surgery ?

'surgical recall' is a question and answer book for ward pimping preparation - questions are simple and not case-based USMLE-style MCQs. material is insufficient for step 2 CK.
mont reid surgical handbook - OK, it's the best pocket handbook for surgery clerkship, but it's 920 pages long (even though in 'pocket' format) text without MCQs.
both these books were created for surgical clerkship, not for USMLE step 2 CK.
if you like to study by doing case-based MCQs, you can find them in 'NMS Surgery', 'BRS Surgery' (excellent MCQs - text is poor though) and 'PreTest Surgery' (new 2006 edition is 100% case-based).

thank u my friend but the condition is like that , i am not going for usmle exam now (step 2) iam doing my effort now to pass first step , and nowdays iam in last year of medical collage and have surgery rotation and i needed good book can help me in my rotation and also not be away much from usmle high yeilds topics which i will take later
(my collage exam ,not case Questions type)

TRY CHURCHILS HANDBOOK OF SURGERY OR OXFORD HANDBOOK OF SURGERY GREAT BOOKS TO CARRY WITH YOURSELF IN SUGERY ROTATIONS

hello muslem doctor

try oxford surgery hand book...

by the way ..which university you are attending??

CHURCHILS HANDBOOK OF SURGERY OR OXFORD HANDBOOK OF SURGERY are for UK, not for US clinical practice - the best US handbook of surgery is 'mont reid surgical handbook'.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

PLEASE SOME ONE GUIDE ME ON THIS!!!!!!
Please some advise
Please advise some financial serv
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact