We are next shocked God willing

very well,

How r things going Karime?

Going good!

It'll be beter nod

Cs soon...

Hows step 1 prep¿ smiling face

Hello everybody,

I have been away from the forum for a long time (residency). Just wanted to say good luck for those taking the steps and congratulations for those starting residency in July.

New time regulation sucks big timedisapprovaldisapproval

Tenia rato que no venia por aqui! Suerte a todos!

I Passed CS grin
Thanks God!!!!
smiling face smiling face smiling face smiling face smiling face smiling face smiling face

Thank you everybody for your advices nod
I miss old forum members, by the way

2 weeks to get my ECFMG certificate

I started this journey 3 yrs ago, and if you really want it the only thing I can say is: C'mon people... it's possible!!.....

Who else is participating in this Match ??

Congrats Karime!
Time to celebrate!!!

Yes indeed Torontonian!
Thank you nod

Also time to make a lot of payments I wish this forum were much more supportive like in the past... anyways... Thanks for being here...

Are you still in Houston?

Well that is life and bills need to be paid.
Yes, we still in Houston. I am happy here except for the overall society but the hospital is very good. I think they are also happy as they offer an extre year in addition to the original three; I haven't accepted yet.

Hey guys... please if anybody would like to answer this doubts that lately I have been dealing with..... Especially those who matched or are familiar with this process... Thanks in advance

1. MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation). There comes in PDF format, and showing your school performance with graphics, Did you fill it by your self? and if is it really important for your application?

2. About LOR. I made a Observership for 2 months last year, and fortunatelly I met some Doctors. ... my question is ... we are supposed to ask them 5 weeks before Sept 1 ... but I don't have my Eras Token yet & therefore I don't have my AAMC ID... Should I wait to have my ID number or Should I request right now to those doctors a LOR?

3. Is it really necessary to waive your LOR? .. Obviously I will ask for a Strong one, but how can I be sure if they will write something good about me, And Do they know how to send the LOR to ERAS? Should I remind them?.. Do they know the website, or the LORs need to be sent physically with a handwritten signature by them or by myself?

4. Can I scan all the documents required to fill the DSF (Document Submission Form) ? Or they necessarily want the physical pieces of paper.

Thanks in advance!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS KARIME!!!!!!!!!
Way to go and yes it is possible.
Good luck to everybody applying to the match this year.
Little advice, apply early.

If you have some clinical experience, try to get Step 3 out of the way before starting Residency. I did not do it before and it was very painful to be on wards and trying to study for the test (that means no time to study).
Thank god, I got my score one week ago and I passed.
No more Steps for megrin

ZAA wrote:
If you have some clinical experience, try to get Step 3 out of the way before starting Residency. I did not do it before and it was very painful to be on wards and trying to study for the test (that means no time to study).
Thank god, I got my score one week ago and I passed.
No more Steps for megrin

I'm doing all the steps required to apply on time...believe me grin
Congratulations for your Step3!!! You must feel relieved!

Apply on time?... You meant.. before September 5, 10, 15? Thanks.. I hope all my LORs writers and all the ups, fedex, dhl etc...hurry up!

This is what I have heard:
1. MSPE not really mandatory; it's more optional as IMG and PD undestand that this is not standard for the rest of the world, particularly with al the graphics and things like that. But for Mexian Institutes dealing with graduates going to USA they usually give it after paying a fee. If you school doesn't process them you can ask for the statistitics and create you own if they allow it.
2. I think you can ask them know and explain them to wait the mailing until you gave them your ID. They can start typing it and only include your name and ID in the RE sentence.
3. They are US physicians and should be familiar but you can ask their assistants if they have send one in the year; they are usually those who handle this, not the pysicians. Waiver is not mandatory but it is nice to have it. If you are comfortable asking for it you can ask for a copy of the letter "under the table"; some doctos even allowed you to write the letter and they sign it without problems.
4. I don;t know

Good luck; you are an inspiration as many here.

Thanks Torontonian, I read your message, was a great help... sorry for my late reply... I'm constantly juggling time between my residency, steps, match process, and myself!

Alguien más que esté aplicando para residencia este año¿?

Saludos a todos! smiling face

Wish me luck, better say... pray for me smiling face Thanks

Torontonian wrote:
This is what I have heard:
1. MSPE not really mandatory; it's more optional as IMG and PD undestand that this is not standard for the rest of the world, particularly with al the graphics and things like that. But for Mexian Institutes dealing with graduates going to USA they usually give it after paying a fee. If you school doesn't process them you can ask for the statistitics and create you own if they allow it.
2. I think you can ask them know and explain them to wait the mailing until you gave them your ID. They can start typing it and only include your name and ID in the RE sentence.
3. They are US physicians and should be familiar but you can ask their assistants if they have send one in the year; they are usually those who handle this, not the pysicians. Waiver is not mandatory but it is nice to have it. If you are comfortable asking for it you can ask for a copy of the letter "under the table"; some doctos even allowed you to write the letter and they sign it without problems.
4. I don;t know

Good luck; you are an inspiration as many here.

Hi to everyone, here is an IMG from Guadalajara, Just started my socal service on clinical research, trying to get at least a paper published in a well known medical magazine.
Started my prep about 3 weeks ago, first with the pass program, gonna finish it in around 1 and a half week, I also have Kaplan LN 2010, and First aid 2011 plus a couple of books.
WIll take my exam around march 2012 step 1 and hopefully on june step 2
Hello to all proud Mexican friends around here!

Odincito wrote:
Hi to everyone, here is an IMG from Guadalajara, Just started my socal service on clinical research, trying to get at least a paper published in a well known medical magazine.
Started my prep about 3 weeks ago, first with the pass program, gonna finish it in around 1 and a half week, I also have Kaplan LN 2010, and First aid 2011 plus a couple of books.
WIll take my exam around march 2012 step 1 and hopefully on june step 2
Hello to all proud Mexican friends around here!

Welcome!
It's a long way, we should work harder, but always optimistic nod

hey Karime did you apply to the match? you want surgery?. I applied on sept 1st, to pediatrics good luck my best wishes

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Mexican residents please help
Mexican Graduates
No more IMGs!!!!
show Related resources

The IMGs Guide for USMLE and Residency
IMGs Guide to US Medicine and Residency
First Aid for the IMGs

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact