Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Surgery Match Experiences  

• 0/5

Tags:    
Author105 Posts

Thanks Simon

As far as I know there is a two year return policy on all J1 , be it research or not. I enquired with ECFMG and they have no problem sponsering J1 clinical (if I am offered one) provided I get two letters stating that my research was helpful for the residency I am joining ( surgery in my case), one letter comes from the research Program Director and the other from the prospective PD of a surgical residency.
I would like some input from people who have actually gone through these situations, it will be helpful to a lot of people who are into research and want to get to the clinical side....

Hi everybody, I graduated in 2005 have applied for I.M. this year but deep inside I crave for surgery but I don't have L.O.R's for surgery coz I was in Indian army for a contractual period of 5 years so didn't apply to surgery without L.O.R's Is there any way that I can get L.O.R's in surgery from U.S. coz I obviously can't apply without L.O.R's? Can somebody guide here? scores are 99/99/cs pass/93 all first attempt

Good luck

hi guys

I am 2007 IMG, and did ENT residency back home, just finished it ,so have 3 years experience. Have many short internships in European cointries (best clinics and have been worked with really big names in the field of ENT) also have a 2 months US observership and LOR .
I just started to prepare for steps, and really really worried about when I will be done with steps maybe will have 5 OR MORE THAN % YEARS GAP SINCE i HAVE GRADUATED, because as i know they consider the year when u graduated from medical school and dont account residency in your home country, so really worried ...to do steps and not be able to get ENT
should I be really worried about or they will look at my experience as well????

armkocharyan wrote:
hi guys

I am 2007 IMG, and did ENT residency back home, just finished it ,so have 3 years experience. Have many short internships in European cointries (best clinics and have been worked with really big names in the field of ENT) also have a 2 months US observership and LOR .
I just started to prepare for steps, and really really worried about when I will be done with steps maybe will have 5 OR MORE THAN % YEARS GAP SINCE i HAVE GRADUATED, because as i know they consider the year when u graduated from medical school and dont account residency in your home country, so really worried ...to do steps and not be able to get ENT
should I be really worried about or they will look at my experience as well????

i think they will

i have 'heard' about many IMGs accepted in competeive residency spots bcoz of their previous experiencies in that speciality

anything in ur file is important

Good Luck .

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

OB/GYN Match Experiences
Match 2010 iv experiences
Pediatrics Match Experiences
show Related resources

NMS Surgery
Kaplan Lecture Notes: Surgery
Match a Resident

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact