Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

alFateh vs USMLE Step 1  

• 0/5

Author1 Posts

Hi everyone. I am 27-year old IMG.

I went through a lot of problems during basic sciences, and as such my 2 years turned into 4 years due to constantly repeating classes. This exam is my only way to redeem myself so that all my struggles in life will have been worth it.

I want to be a benefit to people through my career as a physician. I have this ridiculously lofty vision of becoming a Johns Hopkins neurosurgery resident. Barring the logistics of the matter, I am not even sure if I really want it, but the thought of it quite viscerally excites me and motivates me, so I am sticking to it.

My studying period was officially from November to April, but my lack of drive and work ethic has resulted in my not getting much done. So I am starting fresh today.

I want to go through all of Costanzo's Physiology text before March, as well as do questions. I also plan on squeezing in Cell Biology (via BRS and class notes) and Biochemistry (via Lippincott and class notes) in the next 3 weeks as well.

I have USMLE Rx and will be doing that as a support for each topic I pass. I want to do a full block a day as well, but I tried that before and saw that I just did not know enough.

My plan is to take an NBME in April, if not before. I am pretty sure my school will let me extend my study time a couple months, so it should be fine.

I plan on really going at Path and Microbiology in March and hit Pharmacology in April.

I want to be done with the Step by the 4th of July.

I will update my plans and fill in the details later. Right now I should get started.

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

"USMLE World Question " for USMLE Step 1
USMLE Step 3/Step 2CK tutor
step up usmle or step up medicine
show Related resources

USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact