• 0/5

Author2 Posts

Materials I used besides my medical school notes:
- First Aid
- USMLE Step 1 Question of the Day
- UWorld
- Pathoma Pathology
- BRS Physiology & Anatomy

1. First-Aid: From the get go, I use to transfer my medical school notes in First-Aid. It really helped to keep everything in one place. Great source. This is by far one of the books that you will memorize inside out for this exam.
Pros: Concise material. Very well organized
Cons: After using this book every single day, the binding gives away and you could be carrying pages from all around.

2. USMLE Step 1 Question of the Day - This is an app for iphones, ipad, android devices by Learn From Apps. You get a "high-yield" question every single morning. I wish used it through out my medical school, would have gone through a lot more material.
Pros: Price. Had quite a few questions on similar concept in the actual exam. Good detailed explanation.
Cons: I wish this app had a way to access more questions or ability to save more questions on your phone.

3. UWorld: Along with First Aid and USMLE Step 1 Question of the Day, this is a must source. I ended up relying more on this in last 3 months of my prep. Prior to that, I was doing questions from USMLE Step 1 Question of the Day or BRS.
Pros: Interface. Material is amazing. Good explanation.
Cons: Cost

4. Pathoma pathology: An online video course which helps you go over pathology in particular.
- Pros: A really good way to review pathology and it helps you put a lot of concepts together.
- Cons: Cost

5. BRS: I ended up using BRS heavily during my actual medical school.
Pros: Easy read. "take home points" and bullets. Good source for questions as well, but for the most part, i thought the questions were a little too easy.
Cons: Not the most updated source.

kraus.j wrote:
Materials I used besides my medical school notes:
- First Aid
- USMLE Step 1 Question of the Day
- UWorld
- Pathoma Pathology
- BRS Physiology & Anatomy

1. First-Aid: From the get go, I use to transfer my medical school notes in First-Aid. It really helped to keep everything in one place. Great source. This is by far one of the books that you will memorize inside out for this exam.
Pros: Concise material. Very well organized
Cons: After using this book every single day, the binding gives away and you could be carrying pages from all around.

2. USMLE Step 1 Question of the Day - This is an app for iphones, ipad, android devices by Learn From Apps. You get a "high-yield" question every single morning. I wish used it through out my medical school, would have gone through a lot more material.
Pros: Price. Had quite a few questions on similar concept in the actual exam. Good detailed explanation.
Cons: I wish this app had a way to access more questions or ability to save more questions on your phone.

3. UWorld: Along with First Aid and USMLE Step 1 Question of the Day, this is a must source. I ended up relying more on this in last 3 months of my prep. Prior to that, I was doing questions from USMLE Step 1 Question of the Day or BRS.
Pros: Interface. Material is amazing. Good explanation.
Cons: Cost

4. Pathoma pathology: An online video course which helps you go over pathology in particular.
- Pros: A really good way to review pathology and it helps you put a lot of concepts together.
- Cons: Cost

5. BRS: I ended up using BRS heavily during my actual medical school.
Pros: Easy read. "take home points" and bullets. Good source for questions as well, but for the most part, i thought the questions were a little too easy.
Cons: Not the most updated source.

Please feel free to add any other study tools you have used and their pros/cons. Thanks

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Study tools for the Step 1 boards
Moderator tools
CS May 29 (Chicago) + some tools
show Related resources

Mayo Clinic Internal Medicine Review
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact