Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

CS INBETWEEN CK PREPARATION??????  

• 0/5

Author2 Posts

hey guys m in a dire need of advice..my brain is goin back and forth like saw
i am an img. yog 2012. i gave step1 in in oct 2013 and landed a 220 which made me depressed cuz i worked my ass off for ..i wasted about 3 months and somehow regained strength for CK ..i ended up revising step1 again for CK and it helped me a lot ... now m stuck as i have done first read of CK and have less than 20 days for uworld(the most imp thing)
scheduled for CK on 12 june
scheduled for CS on 9th july
i cant risk my CK score i have been told that i shouldnt take any risk wid CS
M plannin to give CS now on 9th july and CK in end august to make it for match before september 15th.....
M WORRIED THAT A GAP OF MONTH FOR CS INBETWEEN CK PREP WILL MAKE MY CK SCORE DROP....OR CS PREP WOULD EVENTUALLY PROVE BENEFICIAL FOR CK
HELPPP!!!!

CS doesn't really help CK that much but I think vice-versa is even more helpful. My advise is for you to face one exam at a time preferably your CK since you already started the preps, you are not likely to be ready by june 12 but you will probably be ready by july depending on how much hard-work you put into it. You can then easily prepare for CS within 4 to 6 wks.
If you decide to go with your new plan which is not bad, it will probably take you even longer to be ready for CK unless you are ready to jeopardize good scores for early application...........so either way, your result is probably not going to be ready before September 15th but good scores worth more than early applicaton
Good luck!

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

On J1 changing jobs, time gap inbetween?
about my preparation
FM iv preparation
show Related resources

Rapid Preparation for the Usmle Step 1
USMLE preparation papers

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact