Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

do I match in 2015?  

• 0/5

Author7 Posts

Hi guys,
I am an img, an internist in my country,step1:258, step 2ck:265, hope to take cs in july,have 3 pubmed publications,no usce,need visa, lor from my country, yog 2008, want IM
Is it appropriate to get in 2015 match even without us lor or minimal usce? Or postpone it another year?

Apply, don't post pone. The longer you wait the worse your chances. Your scores are great.

You sound very confident that you will have access to USCE. If you have access to it, complete it now, before applying in September. If you don't have concrete plans for USCE now, you may be waiting another year on speculation.

Good scores, higher than most. Experience back home will be an addition. 40% of programs don't like old grads (cutoff of 5 years), community programs may not care as much and will value your experience.

Either way, HURRY UP! The number of DO/US citizen IMG are increasing steadily from the offshore schools and the number of residency slots are slightly increasing (but not enough to keep pace I am afraid).

Either way, HURRY UP!

In the past few years new US medical schools were setup and already present increased their enrollment due to anticipated shortage of physicians that was feared in coming years. Because of these efforts, US medical students’ enrollments increased consistently from 2010 forward and are expected to reach 26 709 per year by 2016-2017 which equals a 37% increase if compared to figures of 2002-2003.

Read more: www.medicalopedia.org/3946/...association/#ixzz33n8AVQLL

In the United States, access to graduate medical training programs is competitive and the application process using “the Match” system ususally leaves thousands of medical school graduates with a high debt and no job. When you order our residency personal writing services, we guarantee we will provide you with a document of the highest possbile quality! http://www.residencypersonalstatement.biz/

thank you guys for your answers.

Mitral Stenosis - High Yeild Topics For USMLE, 10 Points You Should Know
Rheumatic heart disease (most common), congenital (rare)(MCQ)
Most cases occur in women.(MCQ)
Signs and symptoms
Dyspnea on exertion (DOE)(MCQ)
Rales
Cough
Hemoptysis
Systemic embolism (due to stagnation of blood in enlarged left atrium)
Accentuated right ventricle precordial thrust
Signs of right ventricular failure(MCQ)
Hoarse voice(MCQ)
due to enlarged left atrium impinging on recurrent laryngeal nerve
Diagnosis
Murmur (MCQ)
mid-diastolic with opening snap
low-pitched rumble.
Read more at news4medico dot com/mitral-stenosis/
1132 High Yeild Topics for USMLE

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages