Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Finish what you started-->  

• 0/5

Author24 Posts

Greetings everyone

I am an IMG, 5+ year old graduate

A try to keep myself on the track and keep an eye on my schedule so that i don't trip in any way.

I have started pathology..
doing from Pathoma (1st round)
Heard Dr Goljan is good too but More people suggested Pathoma so i am doing from this book plus Videos.

Hope i am doing the right thing?? any suggestions???

well.. i am at 2nd chapter of inflammation... so far chapter 1 with pathoma was awesome...

Rough Plan:

Pathology(15-20days)
Physiology(10-15days)
Pharmacology(10-15days)
Microbiology(10-15days)
Immunology(10days)
Biochemistry(10-15 days)
Anatomy(10-15days)
Histology(5days)
Embryology(2-3days)
BS (10-15 days)

Fingers crossed

Good luck to me and everyone around as well smiling face

Day- 2

Was doing chapter-Inflammation

Realized, this chapter needs good grasp on immunology which i felt i was having very faded memory so just listened to the lecture and marked it to be done after immunology

Onto next chapter of neoplasia.

Day-2 ends here...................................................!

Did chapter Inflammation and neoplasia 4/6 lectures;

remaining 2 lecture for tomorrow..

NB- could not utilize maximum time as had plenty of distraction, will try to avoid them tomorrow

I would recommend all starters not to begin with PATHOLOGY(i just did a mistake) , instead begin with Anatomy, histology or mirco-immunology.

My subject sequence needs to be revised in terms of priority...

Day-3 ;

"Positive thinking evokes MORE energy, MORE initiative, MORE happiness".- John Assaraf

Starting Day with A GOOD thought and applying into YOUR life is a wonderful thing...,

Without wasting time... continuing pathology lectures..

Good luck Aurora!

Day - 3 midday reporting ;

Finished Hemostasis chapter..was fun

now lil break and sneek peak time

we ill call you AA...is that ok..grin

keep going....nod

mommthejuggler wrote:
we ill call you AA...is that ok..

keep going....

Hi, thanks for stopping by

AA? sure, i don't mind

Thanks, you too keep going but forward

Day 3 ends here...

Update- started CVS but not finished yet... going so slow but , i am sure i will gradually pick up, either speed or good quality of time i put in

to be continued...........

I am not satisfied with such a jaded schedule,have to do something along with it

well, nights are good time to think...

Signing off with the hope to come up with a good spicy schedule tomorrow

Hi! Love this journal format.

I think I'll adopt it that way I can make my progress clear to me. smiling face

Have a great day tom.

My 2 cents , do others 1st then path shell be b4 pharm ... kind of at later near the end .

You can have some one like sp to do Golj few hr daily then rest do ur Q, FA, one other subj of Kap that's just my style but do as working for u in ur best way .

I will go for my Golj b4 phram , now at micro grin

Have a good winter & studying.

Pl check ur pm wink

Myangel wrote:
Hi! Love this journal format.

I think I'll adopt it that way I can make my progress clear to me.

Have a great day tom.

Hey yeah.. why not , i am glad that you liked the formatt

Good luck and thanks for words smiling face

shwe wrote:
My 2 cents , do others 1st then path shell be b4 pharm ... kind of at later near the end .

You can have some one like sp to do Golj few hr daily then rest do ur Q, FA, one other subj of Kap that's just my style but do as working for u in ur best way .

I will go for my Golj b4 phram , now at micro

Have a good winter & studying.

Pl check ur pm

Thanks a lot.I liked that advice will surely follow

Happy studying micro

(Replied to PM and thanks for that too smiling face )

After a short hiatus i am back.. reason : i had no internet access

But Good thing : I am almost done with pathoma then plan is to pick either physiology or micro immuno with anatomy/Histology along with that. Crossing fingers for that.

So today was my Day 12th and and just 2 chapters away and Pathlogy first round will be over yay for that but was actually a futile round as i could not recall and associate pathology topics with other subjetcs as a part of integration and association.. which is why i concluded few days ago that choosing pathology to begin with was my Very first mistake and pray & hope was last mistake too.But as i didn't want to stop that midway and start off with other subject ,so i am glad that i did pathology in time ( approx.~15days) and it is a good boost for me to keep marching forward with confdence that i can do it

Okay will be back soon with my more study updates, till then keep studying

Welcome back .

Sorry to hear re no net access b4, must be due to that ice storm wink.

Congrat nodon being done path in 15 days , wow... that was tough to be done patho in 2 wk ... for me will do RR path so will need 1 month if 2 hr daily only will see , worry later by the time grin

Pick micro ,pick micro smiling facecause am going to read kap micro after this yr crazy holidays , fm , frds gathering one after another .
My plan is micro read kap, FA then kap QB in mid Jan to start online nod

Lets race for 2 wk micro 15 days around , will start from 1 or 2 Jan .

Now just try to reply e mails, posts that not able to b4 due to so many things wink

I will see also do anat & histo along with micro but I doubt it since did 2 subj at start so now will do 1 subj focus ... you do as ur plan 2 subj to not getting bored by one sticking out tongue

By the way ... u r not suppose to remember any thing , kidding , I mean all everything at ur 1st serious round especially the patho cool

Happy healthy success studying, me too nod

Happy New Yr soon in case cannot come back to wish .

Have a successful, happy , healthy , prosperous with full of wealth ... yr ahead with full of good studying to you & all friends , me too nod

shwe wrote:
Welcome back .

Sorry to hear re no net access b4, must be due to that ice storm .

Congrat on being done path in 15 days , wow... that was tough to be done patho in 2 wk ... for me will do RR path so will need 1 month if 2 hr daily only will see , worry later by the time

Pick micro ,pick micro cause am going to read kap micro after this yr crazy holidays , fm , frds gathering one after another .
My plan is micro read kap, FA then kap QB in mid Jan to start online

Lets race for 2 wk micro 15 days around , will start from 1 or 2 Jan .

Now just try to reply e mails, posts that not able to b4 due to so many things

I will see also do anat & histo along with micro but I doubt it since did 2 subj at start so now will do 1 subj focus ... you do as ur plan 2 subj to not getting bored by one

By the way ... u r not suppose to remember any thing , kidding , I mean all everything at ur 1st serious round especially the patho

Happy healthy success studying, me too

Happy New Yr soon in case cannot come back to wish .

Have a successful, happy , healthy , prosperous with full of wealth ... yr ahead with full of good studying to you & all friends , me too

Hey yeah, last do it... i.e Micro from 2nd jan 2014 , i am also busy with friends and family too for next couple of days

and thank you for sweet wishes, i accept and hope& pray same for you too smiling face

Happy new year in advance Dear Shwe

I feel so proud that Yah!!! i could do pathology in just 14 days ,Yipee!!

well next subjects will be Anatomy and microbiology/Immunology so roughly 15 days to each so it's going to be 1.5 month journey,Ummm!! Patience!!!

Happy New Year to all my Fellow Friends here.

You bet Jan 2nd micro .smiling face

Happy new year!

Thnx, and you're welcome nod

Hey , hope u r busy studying ... not still in Happy New Yr like me ... Happy New Yr smiling face

Quite a Dec storm hit , now crazy unusually cold so stay warm & be safe if go out .

Have a good study yr , me too nod

Whoa!! After exactly One year

Seems like its have been my habit of making new year resolutions and stick with that for a while and then BOOM!! Bad,eh?

well, Quick review: Finished Pathoma, Goljan once and half biochemistry and half anatomy in full last year thats it???Tooooooo Bad, I know.

I dont understand why studying is soooo tough and why do i procrastinate this much... Grrr..

I was so much involved myself in my work that i completely neglected my REAL Plan and Real GOAL, i.e USMLE

I think thatS where keeping this journal comes so handy and keep track of your routine and progress.

I PROMISE to myself THIS TIME, that i will keep this journal, whether i m studying or not... so that i have an account to address where my time is getting lost or got lost which GOD FORBIDS, i dont do same again.AMEN!

"GOTTA DO IT,DAMN IT"

Coverd general embrology.

will do questions on it and do histology.

Time(in hand):Atleast 4 hrs for study.

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

LET'S FINISH IT
I did it thanks god It's finish
When to finish ?
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact