Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

My step 2 CK experience & advice  
Get Adobe Flash player

• 0/5

Author1 Posts

Hello everybody,
I am going to tell you about my Step 2 CK experience. First of all, I want to thank this forum and forum members because this forum has made 'waiting for result' bearable for me. I took my exam on Oct 4th and got result on Oct 23rd. During this time I was so stressed out that I cant even explain it. Only thing that relieved my anxiety to some extent was reading people's experiences on this forum!
So now I consider that its my duty to post experience for others to read.

So I did Step 2 CK preparation for 3 and 1/2 months.
I read Kaplan notes once, FA once, MTB (OBGYN/Peds). Solved UWorld twice (although second time I could not complete all the questions). 1st- 67% 2nd- 88%
When I solved Uworld 2nd time, I wrote all concepts or points that I repeatedly forgot or made mistakes with.
I thought my prep was really good. I did not have time to take NBME so I took the exam directly. Two days before exam I started with very bad pharyngitis. But postponing was not an option for me so I went ahead n took the exam. I had to take 6 brufen pills during entire day of exam bcoz of this pharyngitis. I was very tired coz of coughing the whole time. Plus actual exam has very lengthy questions and Drug ads take up all your time so I had so much problem with time management that I had to struggle for last 2/3 questions in each block. In one block I had 8 que remaining at the 5 min warning. I might have randomly clicked 2/3 qs on this block and might have missed 2/3qs. so total I missed around 10/12 qs. Also in many qs I had to guess the answers or had to choose between 2 closest options.
Well, this entire experience was enough for me to consider that I failed the exam for sure. BUT by God's grace I PASSED with average score.
So take home msg for you guys:
1) Practice Practice and Practiec ques in timed mode. You have to finish Uworld block with 10/12 mins remaining
2) Take NBME before the exam
3) Dont look at the previous que once you click the answer

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

My step 1 experience and advice - 256
260/99. Experience and advice
took test-here's my experience w/ GOOD advice
show Related resources

USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank