Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

231 to 269 :)  
Get Adobe Flash player

• 50/5

Author77 Posts

Me n my family all got this "bad" flu and I am staying at home with my daughter this whole week and not studying that much....... its not good at all....... I am so close to end it.......

Please please no more distractions until I end this CK

Get well soon nod.

Lots of hot chicken soup, hot Chinese tea, oranges, apple and lots of sleep and rest .

Do rest well to get full speedy recovery, pl do not jump on book too early ... will ends up cycling back to day 1 of flu [ learned by hard lessons in past a while ago ] ... then studying hard while eat healthy, sleep well when no more sick .

Bundle up all when they go out so no one will get sick & bring flu home to sharesticking out tongue Have all have eat healthy, sleep well too nod

It's a harsh winter this yr so take it easy & cautiously sis .

Have a warm cozy wk end smiling face

You r a one brave mom to do such exam ..

and i'm sure you will get the 269, just keep going and never get depressed ..
you r good and u can do it nod .. and i can see that you r gettin better everyday

i'm starting my studying for CK next July after i finish my med school immediately grin

you are inspiring/encouraging me for the upcoming Usmle World War grin

i'm following this thread till the day u post your marks (269)

Keep it upsmiling face

you r good and u can do it nod .. and i can see that you r gettin better everyday

i'm starting my studying for CK next July after i finish my med school immediately grin

you are inspiring/encouraging me for the upcoming Usmle World War grin

Keep it upsmiling face

Dear sis thank you so much for your advices and warm words smiling face We all have recovered and started our regular life,

I was busy studying so couldnt come to forum....

shwe wrote:
Get well soon .

Lots of hot chicken soup, hot Chinese tea, oranges, apple and lots of sleep and rest .

Do rest well to get full speedy recovery, pl do not jump on book too early ... will ends up cycling back to day 1 of flu [ learned by hard lessons in past a while ago ] ... then studying hard while eat healthy, sleep well when no more sick .

Bundle up all when they go out so no one will get sick & bring flu home to share Have all have eat healthy, sleep well too

It's a harsh winter this yr so take it easy & cautiously sis .

Have a warm cozy wk end

Hi Isha

Thank you so much for encouraging meeeee

I am trying mt very best and I hope I can do well on the real exam..... Good luck on your current exams and your future USMLE WAR too

I will be keep posting smiling face

Ishakamir wrote:

you r good and u can do it .. and i can see that you r gettin better everyday

i'm starting my studying for CK next July after i finish my med school immediately

you are inspiring/encouraging me for the upcoming Usmle World War

Keep it up

Yeeeeyee I just finished uworld ..... Have to do second round, but have no idea how to manage the q's so that i dont do a single q 3-4 times

I will read IM from Kaplan LN and will read MTB 2 & 3 untill next monday and start doing 3 blocks a day + actibe reading.........

I dont have the gut to try NBME But I have to deciede rather extend my elig.period or not (ending on feb28).............

Okay lets study

I Love Medicine

Thank you google!!!!!

I found the way to do uw 2nd time w/out missing or reapeating q's without paying additional money to extending subscription

Doing UW 2nd round along with reading Kaplan IM lecture notes...

I have scheduled my appointment on April 1st. 50 days to go... I can do it smiling face

Hii...

you are doing a great job... good luck with step 2 ck

m preparing for step 2 ck.. nd just completing uw first time.. avg around 64%.. i dunno if its good or bad.. sad

can u please tell me.. what i need to do next to improve..confused

will definitely revise uw. but planning to take test in april.. is one month enough for revision... what would you suggest.

will be very glad if u can help me.. thanq smiling face

Hey there @mnsri

We are almost in a same boat, my 1st time perfirmance was not good either. As I have not yet completed my exam, I dont know what to suggest. I Personally did UW 2nd time, still has some wrong ones and now doing the wrong ones, its boring and I almost memorzed some q's but its helping me. I also find reading is as important as doing q's, maybe more important. So I am reading and doiung q's.... smiling face

Good luck my friend!

ok..

yeah may b i should concentrate more on reading now..
i was anxious about my prep.!!!!!

it felt better to hear from you. was feeling lost!

anyways thank you. keep up the good work. all the best!!

Sis,

GL nodin ur exm , keep reading nod& doing UW nod2nd time .

Pl check ur skype msg , pm too, thnx .

Hi I am here to give some motivation to everyone who is struggling or some friends I already know from the forum.

My update is: I took my CK on April 2014 and got 234, not 269. But I did it and completed it without postponing it. And gave my CS on June 2014 (I didn't have a date at first, but I used chack4change from Mozilla Firefox and got a date) and passed on my first attempt.

In the meantime I managed to find observership and had 4 mo of USCE (it was not everyday, 2-3 times/week at most, but the attending allowed me to write it as full time), got 3 strong LOR from US physicians, nothing from my home country. Got my ECFMG certificate just by September and applied on September 16th. (Because ERAS crashed this year on September 15th)

Got my first IV on late October, got 4 IV's in total, here and there ( I applied to 120+ categorical IM programs)

And....... its not whole bunch of Interview but guess what??? Yesterday I found out that I am matched!!!!!!!!

My background is: I was a working mom with 1 yo daughter when I first started, then had lots of changes and struggles in between. Decided to give up and packed all my books and have put them away for a while, then decided to go for it again. There were lots of ups and down days, lots of sleepless nights, tears, the day seemed so dark and the end of the tunnel seemed too far and even couldn't see that at first. Also, tot be honest, occasionally it seemed too unrealistic for me to complete ( I had huge language barrier).

But, I learned my lesson.
It was worth in the end to "live a non-human being life" for a long time....

My advice is:
For any of you, who is not really sure about whether or not fight for it, just make a decision right now and go for it. Don't waste any of your precious time!!!!!

If you decided to go through this, just forget everything and just live within this "beast", think about it everyday and night....... and complete the steps as soon as possible.
Also, be nice with people you know or people you meet, you will never know who you can meet in the elevator and who can give you enormous opportunities. And don't afraid to ask anyone to help.

And most importantly, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Imagine that you are having the best score you are wishing-- imagine how you will act. Imagine that you are getting an opportunity to do observership in a university setting, imagine as if you already have those.... and imagine, you are matched and imagine how you will act if you really are matched. It might sound stupid, but this is how things worked for me.

This FRIDAY, I will know where I matched.
From end of June, I will start working as a internal medicine resident in a hospital.
My dream finally came true.
I wish yours will come soon too!

Best wished, don't waste your time, work smart not only hard, be a nice person and luck and everything else shall follow.

Best of Luck everyone smiling face

Big Big Congratlation sis.

Thnx for sharing the good beautiful news and tips.

Will pm you to Congratulate again and sis to sis talks sticking out tongue

Where do you matched , it's Friday you can pm me .

Thnx for inspiring recent post .
Hope meet you one day .

GL in ur residency life nod

Thank you so much sis! I replied your PM smiling face

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact