Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

LoR and Clinical Skills  

• 0/5

Author5 Posts

hi all

there are 2 US doctors willing to write me LoR, I worked with them both in California.

My questions:

1-If I'm applying to outside CA,is it ok to let them write about my clinical skills? or is it still be exposed medical california board through eras?

I mean if I'm applying to chicago or NY or states other than CA and texas, will it be legal issue to write about my clinical skills and submit through eras?

2-how would they (medical board of california) know or find about my LoR through eras? is not this an privacy issue?

thanks

Hi buddy, i'm going to apply to this match too, this my first time applying. regarding getting of LORs from Californian Drs, make sure nothing has been written about your hands-on experience as as that will be against you and showing irregular behavior against California law. as well as we loss put reliability of Dr who will author your LOR at sake raised eyebrowshocked.the other program directors will not trust him b/c they will sense that he already allow or assist you to break the law.so whatever he wrote about you will b unreliable. in addition to that even if some Program Directors give you chance for interview, it will be a tough a question for you to answer how did you get hands-on experience in California which doesn't allow that. what you gonna say sir?

The good things that you still have a letter of recommendation , but make sure, that the author has wrote a good things about your observation not participation.

LOR of observation still does matter!!wink

Hope that helps.

myusmlejourney wrote:
Hi buddy, i'm going to apply to this match too, this my first time applying. regarding getting of LORs from Californian Drs, make sure nothing has been written about your hands-on experience as as that will be against you and showing irregular behavior against California law. as well as we loss put reliability of Dr who will author your LOR at sakeshocked.the other program directors will not trust him b/c they will sense that he already allow or assist you to break the law.so whatever he wrote about you will b unreliable. in addition to that even if some Program Directors give you chance for interview, it will be a tough a question for you to answer how did you get hands-on experience in California which doesn't allow that. what you gonna say sir?sad

The good things that you still have a letter of recommendation , but make sure, that the author has wrote a good things about your observation not participation.

Hope that helps.

myusmlejourney wrote:
Hi buddy, i'm going to apply to this match too, this my first time applying. regarding getting of LORs from Californian Drs, make sure nothing has been written about your hands-on experience as as that will be against you and showing irregular behavior against California law. as well as you will put the reliability of author of your LOR at sake.shocked.the other program directors will not trust him b/c they will sense that he already allow or assist you to break the law.so whatever he wrote about you will b unreliable. in addition to that even if some Program Directors give you chance for interview, it will be a tough a question for you to answer how did you get hands-on experience in California which doesn't allow that. what you gonna say sir?

Hope that helps.

Hello dear IMGs here. Does anybody here have any information about these paid hands-on clinical externships? How helpful are they for residency application? Is it worth to pay for and can we trust them?
Please, any input is very welcome!
Thank you!

www.medclerkships.com
http://fmgportal.com/clinical-externships/

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Language Help for Clinical Skills
Clinical Skills Date
Is clinical skills review good?
show Related resources

Underground Clinical Vignettes USMLE Step 1
Underground Clinical Vignettes: Pediatrics, Classic Clinical Cases for USMLE Step 2 and Clerkship Review
A Practical Guide to Clinical Medicine

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact