Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Gap in CV  

• 0/5

Author2 Posts

Hi,

I am an International Medical Graduate and completed MBBS in Mar, 2012. I have worked in a hospital for 6 months. I started preparing for USMLE Step 1 but because of my pregnancy I could not prepare well and hence I have cancelled my test. My due date is in August.

Now I am worried about the time gap between the time I got graduated and time to apply. I heard that the chances of getting residency will be slim if there is more than 3 yrs gap.

Can anyone please suggest me how shall I plan on taking steps. Is it OK if there is time gap between my studies and completion of all steps? Also I have worked at a clinical for 6 months after getting graduated. Your suggestions will be helpful.

Regards,
Renu

Yes you are right gap is not taken nicely in residency here. I would suggest to start prep as soon as possible( although you might want to take it easy for pregnancy). Try to finish atleast step 1, 2ck and cs by next year June so that you can apply for 2015 match. Sources kaplan books, q bank , UWorld q bank, Golijan for path, nbme tests for practice.

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Gap in Cv
Gap in my CV
Anyone have gap in CV
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact