Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Passed CS High Performance  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

Hello!

I just recently got my exam results back and I passed with high performance. I thought I would share my experience because of the help that I received reading other people's exam experiences. I studied for 6 weeks using FA, Complex Cases, and csevideo. I started with the FA and went through it very quickly at first. Then I began to read it more slowly to familiarize myself with the cases. I subscribed to csevideo for one month and started going over cases and practising PN to build up my speed. I also bought a copy of the complex cases to help me a little further. After a while I began to use all of the above resources along with a study partner.

Took the exam in LA. I was very nervous the night before the exam. I barely slept. The worst part was right before the first exam because that's when it really hit me. Even though I was nervous, I just remained positive because all of the preparation I had done. For some reason when I started the exam the fear started to disappear and everything felt like it was coming naturally. I was concerned that I would be intimidated by the SP but everything turned out great. Even the ones that acted unfriendly didn't bother me. In reality though, the whole process was like a blur from the moment I began. The only thing I didn't feel I did as well on was the PN. Everything else (ICE, CIS, and SEP) I did well on and felt good about. That was my fault because I didn't devote enough time to practising my PN.

My overall impression now is that the CS is not the big scary monster I was afraid of before. It wasn't about how much I knew as much as how I interacted with the patient. Watching videos to see how it's done and working with a study partner helped me more to prepare. I just wish I had spent more time practising the PN.

Good luck to all of you who will be taking the CS soon. All the best! You can do it!

Congrats!

I just signed up with their one month package.

Congrats .
i have Q what did you use for physical examination?

I followed csevideo because the cases covered a lot of what I had to do in the exam. The videos are done fast and really well. Especially the neuro and the PE. And in there you find knee, back and some for the harder stuff. Hope that helps.

I only did a focus exam on all SPs. Make sure you did closure, answer their questions and most importantly smile smile smile even though they don't seem very happy with your answer. Passed!

@Stounds

congrts on passing your exam. Your experience is really a guidance for me. I am at the start of my preps. lets hope for the best . got 6 weeks to prepare.
can i find those videos somewhere on net???

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Passed with high performance
passed with high performance
High performance
show Related resources

High-Yield Gross Anatomy
High-Yield Obstetrics & Gynecology
High-Yield Embryology

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact