Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

AN INTERNS STEP2CK DIARY  
Get Adobe Flash player

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

hi guys,
so am officially starting a step2ck study thread....some basic info...am an intern now and have finished step1 with 254 ....used to read the experiences in this forum and be motivated ...but for step2ck do not find myself motivated because am too tired after duty hours at the hospital or lose focus at my final aim in life ... a MD seat in internal medicine in a us hospital /university

PLAN FOR STEP2CK:

i intend to take my step2ck at the end of intern year ie..march-april 2014 in time for if all goes well to join electives in US and simultaneously take my step 2cs
So,i went ahead and booked the start date for kaplan q bank as august 15th, 2013 ....so plan to do one read of kaplan lecture notes.Being an intern i have less frequent time...so am skipping lecture videos ....except for OG and step1 behavioural for psych
BOOKS TO READ:
Kaplan lecture notes with step1 behavioural
MTB 2 and 3

BANKS TO USE:
KAPLAn q bank 1 year subscription
UWorld 2month subscription in the very end ie january and feb
Kaplan Q book
Harrison self assessment and board review
MKSAP 5 for students
my aim is to use this journal as a source of self motivation and try to do as many questions as many no of times ...
so all of you guys out there especially working interns please join in working together to get a great score in step2 ck

Attached Files:
281-ck-score.jpg (59 KB, 35 downloads)
attachment
Edited by lakshya2011 on Jan 18, 2014 - 10:56 PM

the above file is the score transcript of my role model harles md who got 281 in step2ck....heres his studyplan
"Step 1. Kaplan lecture notes + videos
Step 2. Master The Board step 2 CK + Kaplan Qbank (subject wise !!!, timed-mode if possible)
Step 3. USMLE world (random-timed-unused questions mode), take note for new concepts or easily forgettable facts
Step 4. Quick and final review of USMLE World notes and MTB Step 2 CKĀ 

I suggest you to take NBME 3 and NBME 4+UW Assessment Exam (back to back) after step 2 and step 3 respectively."
and he got this score with three months of prep smiling face

Started IM pages 10 -20 finished endocrine

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

What do interns wear?
Interns' forum?
Know your fellow interns
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact