Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Pass Step3 Prayer and Hard work  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

Guys, as you know, studying alone for this usmle thing can be very dificult.That s why I want to start my journal in order to keep myself motivated. Naturally,I will stop by the journal of my buddies in the forum to make sure,we re all getting ready to tackle this final step of the examinaton.
here we go: My plan is to give the exam in SEPTEMBER
Material to read: MTBx3 ,UW qbank,UW CCS, CK notes,kaplan qbank,qbook.
Wish me luck ,folks!!

Good morning, journal!!
Yesterday , I read GI and Nuerology chapters in MTB. I did the disgestive and CNS questions in qbank as well.

Interesting Concepts:
1.- In HIV (+) with < 100 CD4 with dysphagia and odynophagia----------> Fluconazole
2.-a) Barrett esophagus --------action ---------PPI and repeat endoscopy every 2-3 years
b) Low grade dysplasia----------action-----------PPI and repeat endoscopy in 3-6 months
c) High grade dysplasia---------action ---------Distal esophagectomy

3) If treatment for H.pylori fails-------action---------Repeat treatment with 2 new antibiotics and a PPI.

I will keep using the questions as learning tools. sSores are not that great.
Let s do it, buddies!!

I do not agree with
2.-a) Barrett esophagus --------action ---------PPI and repeat endoscopy every 2-3 years
c) High grade dysplasia---------action ---------Distal esophagectomy
this is from Boards and Wards, but if you do USMLE world there are different recommendations: for Barret Esophagus you need to repeat endoscopy every year. For high grade , ablation therapy is preferred

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

And yo think you do hard work!
i can do it with hard work
female sp for serious hard work
show Related resources

You pay only if you Pass

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact