Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Please advice me for residency  

• 0/5

Author8 Posts

Dear fellows, 

Those are my credentials:

1. GPA=85%

2. Year of graduation: 2006

3. 3 years of research as a research fellow.

4. one peer-reviewed paper in cell biology (PNAS)

5. Five Abstracts on neurobiology and neurology.

6. Step 1=207/78

7. Step 2 CK: pending to present.

8. Step 2 CS: passed in the second attempt.

9. LORs: one from my former supervisor at Harvard; he is a neurologist-psychiatrist.

one from another supervisor at Cornell: he is neurologist.

one from the dean of internal medicine at my alma mater

10. USCE: 2 months in NYU in anesthesiology, 4 months in McGill in Internal medicine

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

This looks good!
Wish you big scores at step 2!

I am worried about my date of graduation.

Try and score higher in your subsequent steps. They will be decisive. WHy worry about something u cant change. 2006 isnt that far and also with all the research and rotations...PDs are OK with that( unless u spent the last 6 years touring the world and doing nothing).

What are u applying for Neuro or IM?

U have a good profile. Do well in the rest of the USMLEs

On Jul 01, 2012 - 11:32 AM, Fer responded:
thanks for your kind comments.

I will do my best in the CK and Step 3. 

I don't have yet a list for applying. Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards, 

hi truemania,

worried because is 5 years since. I have not traveling at all. I am actually a very hard working person. I come from a very humble family.

I will apply to both, IM and Neuro

U cant go back in time and change your graduation Most atimes if u were doing something academic...they wont care so much about the graduation date. A PD will be more impressed with your abstracts, publication, LORs from harvard and Cornell, and USCE from McGill and NYU than worry about your graduation date. U have the right balance. U just need to higher in the steps so that you are not screened out by filters

Hi everyone,
I am a 2003 grad, with scores of step 1-80 second attempt/ step 2 CK-81 first attempt, CS pass first attempt, step 3-77 third attempt, 4 yrs of work experience in India, about 4 yrs of USCE which includes research, observership and externship in a private practice in Los Angeles. I applied for 3 consecutive years in FM but still didn't get any IVs from anywhere in US. I was hoping IV from the hospital I was working with. One was highly competitive and with the other, the reason was my lack of having a PTAL in CA. I am living in a different state now. Will again apply this yr in Phoenix. This yr is different as I have a GC now. I feel scared and disappointed.
Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

great site with great post...i think post plays a very good role in developing a blog much better...real estate lawyers new yorkI must say, a good attempt from your side...i really appreciate your work....well done....keep doing good work...

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Please advice me for residency
advice with residency application
need advice psychiatry residency
show Related resources

Free Selection criteria of Residency Programs
Iserson's Getting into a Residency
The IMGs Guide for USMLE and Residency

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact