Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

From 199 to 235!!! Thanks God!!  

• 100/5

Author2 Posts

Guys this test is soooo doable... I got a 199 on step 1 and now 235 on step 2 thanks to God!!! So if I could anyone can do it. Just keep it up... reach a different goal day by day and you'll get there. And pray pray and pray!!!

Studied for 7mo (3 last months for real 8-10h/day)
Kaplan notes 2x,
3xMTB 2( IM/Emergency),
3xMTB 3 (peds, obgyn, surgery),
FA for peds (immuno, infecto),
Step Up to Medicine for hepatology;
50% of FA Q&A
NBME 2 (1 month before) 218
NBME 4 (4 days before) 228
UWSA (3 days before) 235*****
UW first time 61%
UW second time 80%
USMLE.org Q's 80%

About the exam experience: The test like I said before was very doable, had mixed of long and short vignettes, found the ads and abstract questions hard. In every block I had an average of 8 minutes lefts to review, which after the test made me think I did something wrong but I think that simulating the test day few days before the real exam helped me. Of course the beta blocker worked like a charm to control my anxiety and kept me calm during the whole 9 hours.

On the day of the exam I took a 40mg of propranolol an hour before my test, took some sugary drink (a very concentrated tang) and a Pb&J sandwich. After the first block I just took a 2 minutes breather in from of the computer and kept going to the 2nd block. Took a break then in every block with the lunch break after the 4th. When I was done with the 8th block I didn't feel tired or anything, I was ok and was the block which I had more time left after (12 min).

So doing a test day simulation really helped with the anxiety and help me to try the snacks and what changes to do during the real exam.

Good luck everyone!

Hw many blocks of uw or kaplan online QBank did u used to do per day...I can do one and a half block per day..can u suggest hw to speed up ? Wat abt the drug ads,biostats and psychiatry..

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Khách hàng nên chọn mua bán xe ô tô chính hãng hay xe nhập sẽ có lợi hơn
Mua bán xe ô tô cũ và kinh nghiệm cần biết khi mua xe đã qua sử dụng
GOT 81/199
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact