Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Last date for LORs  

• 0/5

Author9 Posts

Hi,

Is there any last date to upload LORs with ERAS. If not by when should this be done?

Thanks!

No, there is no cutoff date. However, ideally you want to have all your LORs in ERAS on September 1, when you send out your applications. Remember that ECFMG will get bogged down by the mass of LORs that need to be scanned, so around September 1 it may take 3 weeks for them to scan your LOR after it is received. Today, 7/26, they are reporting that they are already 11 days behind.

irina73 wrote:
No, there is no cutoff date. However, ideally you want to have all your LORs in ERAS on September 1, when you send out your applications. Remember that ECFMG will get bogged down by the mass of LORs that need to be scanned, so around September 1 it may take 3 weeks for them to scan your LOR after it is received. Today, 7/26, they are reporting that they are already 11 days behind.

Hello Irina
Thank you for all your answers, your posts are very useful!
smiling face

How can we access that info? About the days behing etc.

Thanks

will it be any different(the no. of days to upload) if the letter writer transmits it electronically vs if lor is sent by mail?

To access the LOR delay sign into ECFMG Oasis, then click on ERAS Support Services, then Verify Receipt of ERAS Documents, on that page there is a link to the daily update.

I'm not sure if there is a delay if you submit the letter electronically. I don't have experience with that.

Thanks Irina that was really helpful!

irina73 wrote:
To access the LOR delay sign into ECFMG Oasis, then click on ERAS Support Services, then Verify Receipt of ERAS Documents, on that page there is a link to the daily update.

I'm not sure if there is a delay if you submit the letter electronically. I don't have experience with that.

Hey Irina
I was so worried because I lost my MSPE, so I need to send it to my Dean again, and then to Eras services, but I'm in another city, and I don't want to ask again permission at work... so I just remember MSPE needs to be send before november?? Correct me if I'm wrong... Thanks...
Other wise, is a good Idea to move heaven and earth to send my MSPE before august 1st?

Thanks again

Karime, from what I know MSPE is released to programs on Nov 1st so as long as you send them before that you'll be fine smiling face

missy wrote:
Karime, from what I know MSPE is released to programs on Nov 1st so as long as you send them before that you'll be fine smiling face

Thanks Missy

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

useless LORs vs useful LORs??? for bbb and others
LORs from last Match
Using LORS with the same last name
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact