Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Help needed!!!!  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

I am IMG , Graduated in june 2010 .I have cleared my step 1 exam and scored 234/99 and scheduled my ck in August and cs in september...I thought of taking CS in between but my cs visa got rejected twice.I will be goin to visa again in august.Hopefuly ,if i get it this time, ill be completing all my exams by Sept ending.

I have few queries regarding the entire application.My dream is to become Neurologist one day . I have been dreaming of it,right from my childhood .

Could you please suggest me how can i increase the chances to get into Neurology residency for July 2013, I wouldn't be able to apply this year bcoz I will be ECFMG certified by December.So I will be applying with a complete application in Sep 2012 .

So , could you please kindly suggest me what should i do to increase my chances to get into Neurology residency. I will be having one year of free time.I am ready to do even masters in Neurosciences if thats a criteria...I am trying for some Observerships too right now. Could you please help me regarding this,I would be very very grateful to you,if you do so.

Hi Checker
That's a great passion you have towards neurology...which i like itsmiling face
so you are completing your ck and cs too by sept!! tats good... dont delay it unless and untill you are not sure of it
To start: the best way is apply observer ships in hosp where they offer usually ..search in Frieda or go to the recent observer ships list in websites.. daily keep 1 hr of your time in applying for these UNTIL YOUR EXAMS. As they will take 2-3 months to process it so it will be ready for you by the time you complete your exams...at the same time apply for a voluntary research position too as no one will give us straight away paid position. Than do your obsie or research after Sept at the same time clear your step 3 by... at the most June of 2012 so that your result will be available by Septnod. And also you will be in a position to have good Lors from USA people and some publications or posters if possible..
I am not sure about the neuroscience thing as usually for any masters program they will take the applications 1 semester ahead..and also you are suppose to write gre and toefl..which eats your time...if it is not required means you can go ahead with masters in neuroscience also..
let me know if you need any more information.

thanks

Hi Checkers

Pimavanserin is right except the fact that it is too tough to find an obsie or vol research if you have no contacts in the US health system.mad

But if u have contacts, then grab an obsie and u can start vol research at the same place. Otherwise, that is if you have no contacts, u can get some paid obsies/externships.

I would also encourage you to apply to 20-30 progs in this years match too, who knows u may get lucky....grin

Best of luck.

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

accommdation needed---help needed
Help needed
sp needed
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact