Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Help for Clerkship in Pathology  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

Hello all,
I am an IMG doing my final year MBBS aspiring Pathology residency. I wanted to know if clerkships in pathology will be of any help in my interviews? I've heard that clerkships wont do much help in pathology as it does in IM and general surgery branches. Also if anyone could suggest me some Universities that would accept IMGs as clerks. I contacted with some professors and there's lot of bad news as they have'nt seen any IMGs doing clerkships in their univs for the past 15 yrs. I'll be completing my Step 1 by May 13th and I am applying for Yale, Harvard, Wayne..
Also any tips for the applications are appreciated
Thanks a lot
csu

Having experience in Pathology is certainly something that will positively impact your application to this specialty. Being familiar with the terminology used in the lab is helpful in proving your strengths in this specialty.

I have worked with those last year that matched into Pathology. One of them did her hands on experience in internal medicine and did an observership in Pathology. This could be an option for you as obtaining hands on pathology experience prior to residency can be challenging. My organization offers this specialty if you would like to start anytime after October, the positions have been filled to this time.

Skype Molly.Fraser.US

My organization offers this specialty if you would like to start anytime after October, the positions have been filled to this time.
- Could you please clarify what do you mean by this sentence? Do you mean that there are open positions by any chance? One of my best friends (PhD from Ivy League School and MD from China and 89/83/pass CS) did not get into pathology. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

kaplan pathology vs goljan pathology
Kaplan Pathology & PreTest Pathology
How much to pay the clerkship
show Related resources

Rapid Review Pathology
First Aid for the Pediatrics Clerkship
Robbins Basic Pathology

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact