Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Result out today  

• 0/5

Author14 Posts

Hi guys got the score today, am depressed abt it 208/87 thought i would atleast make it into a 90 as per the NBME. there goes my dream of gen surge. damn it spent so much time and effort and only managed a 87. shame.
had uworld at 74% and NBME 7 at 220 damn, dont know how to tell my parents and friends.

lokoman... it is a good score..... be proud of urself....

thanks bedidee but looking at how many ppl here get 99/240++ its discouraging why would anyone pick me over any of the great ppl here. And I have spent all my time doing surgery since grad and have gotten the UK memberships etc. was that all a waste too esp if i cant go for surge in the us.

LOKOMAN
ONCE YOU HAVE A DREAM YOU HAVE TO PURSUE IT. JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDNT GET A 99 OR 90 SOMETHING DOESNT MEAN IT IS THE END OF THE WORLD/ JOURNEY. YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD SCORE AND THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE WHO WOULD WISH TO BE IN YOUR SHOES.
YOU CAN STILL GET INTO SURGERY YOU WILL JUST NEED TO DO ALITTLE MORE EXTRA WORK. LOOK FOR EXTERNSHIPS AT HOSPITALS WITH SURGERY RESIDENCY GO SHOW YOURSELF AND LET THEM SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO. GET LORS FROM THE ATTENDINGS THERE AND WHILE THERE TELL THEM YOUR INTERESTED IN JOINING THIER PROGRAME AND WILL BE APPLYING THEIR. NETWORK AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. ALSO IF YOUR NOT DONE WITH STEP 2 CK, WORK FOR A 99 AND PASS CS ON FIRST ATTEMPT THEN ALL WILL BE WELL. IT ISNT THE END OF YOUR JOURNEY. HAVE HOPE. SO MANY STILL HAVE 99 AND DONT GET IN AND OTHERS HAVE 80 SOMETHING AND GET IN.
YOU HAVE A GOOD SCORE AND FOR THAT CONGRATULATIONS.
TRY AND BE OPTIMISTIC.

Hey lokoman..
It'd be disappointing and i kno it'd be hard. But its not the end. Step 1 is not all that matters.. Lot of things like GC, Visa stats, USCE matters in the selection process and im sure you'd be aware of it. So dont lose your spirits and keep goin.. Gen Surgery is still at your reach..
csu.. smiling face

And one more thing.. 208 may not be up to your expectations but who said its a bad score.. confused

lokoman I think you should be very proud of your score.I know you wanted more but this is not something to be unhappy with.Like others said when you want something let no one and nothing stand in your way.

Please take the time to write what you would have done in hindsight.I have read all your advices till now but anything more? and what is the shortest possible time to get ones act together if one studies full time and has a background of kaplan but with gaps in between.

Thanks alot in advance and thank you for your posts and dont loose heart.

Hi guys thanks for all the advice. its hard not to feel down esp when u read the posts by the guys in the Surgery residency section.

things i should have done better. I should have used FA more and from the start rather than at the end.

i should have covered the material 3 times rather than 2 times only. i should have done the first read fast and then absorbed the last 2. wat i did was i did the first read slow and the 2nd fast lost more info that way.

third mistake i should have not gone and done the memberships for surgery in the uk at the same time

also covered usmle world twice

done nbmes forms earlier

and not wasted time with tv and the internet lol

reading all the posts of how ppl with 99 260+ cant get catagorical gen surge what hope is there for someone like me.

i am a graduate of uk med school and thats abt it for me. got 1 pub in intern year here but noting else and now a low score is just painful.

So you have done surgery in UK?

That would be advantage!GL!
Really be happy that you are done with the exam!

How many times did you do UW? Twice?

NO I did my medicine from Ireland and did 2 yrs of surge in Ireland but I got the UK memberships (all the Royal colleges are interconnected, UK, IRE, Edin etc)

I did u world 1.5 times only.
I am happy the exam is over but I am a bit worried that I may not be able to get surge thats y i was a bit down, maybe I may have to switch to med. But then again if thats my path then thats my path.

congrats for the score and dont feel bad.
u did ur best.
i agree with tnf and csuchola.
if u score better in ck and get usce then u might persue ur dream.
best of luck

I have a few monthns of USCE from HOPKINS and TUFTS great letters too. so hopefully that will help. HOw long does it take to prep for CS. I have good english etc already so just wondern.

Yo dude seriously stop beating yourself up man!! It's over 200 and that's what counts!! Trust me. Remember when you were getting anxiety about your grade after you took the exam? And what did I tell you? You pass. Right? So, trust me on this one also. You will get to where you want to be. All you need to do is move on with positive motivation. That's all!! Trust me.

Thank you for sharing the experience and best of luck once again.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

today i got the result - 98/242
got my result today
Got my result today...259/99
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact