Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Exam Scores Thread > USMLE Step 1  

• 96.4/5

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,    
Author1175 Posts

just took step 1 for 3rd and last time last week (6/21/2012). I feel pretty good about it. Hopefully I passed, if not GOD has something better down the road for me. Last time, in Feb/2011 after taking Falcon review and doing UW got a 179/70. This time just did UW on and off for 6 months, FA and FA qbook (part-time only, since I have a full-time job and family).

hi raphymed, plz can u tell me what are the average scores u've got in usmle step 1 usmle world self assessment, did u do any nbme forms .... ??? i'm going for the exam in 3 weeks, plz let me know.. thnx

Hello, everybody! Does anyone had experience not getting their score? I took my exam on 2 of May and ten weeks already passed, and I did not recieved it yet.sadsad I took it in France.

Congratulations to all of you who have passed the USMLE Step 1 exam and best of luck preparing to those of you who are working toward that 188!

I am a grad student at Columbia University and some fellow students and I are studying how students prepare for the USMLE Step 1 test. To get a sense of how people currently prepare, we've designed a short survey so we can make sure we understand what's of greatest value and is most important to students.  If you have a minute or two, we'd be really grateful if you could take this. It's 11 (quick) questions.

www.prep4usmle.com/activate...8823&activation=5e8f7d

Here is my score report for Step 1: 241 (85)
My goal was to crack 250 and thus I studied hard for the exam and did 3 qbanks. Yet, for some reason my testing skills are not that great... In any case, 241 should be sufficient for almost any specialty.

By January 2012, I have read First Aid twice, after which I have started USMLE-Rx. Started Kaplan in March and finally U-World in mid-May. In addition, I reviewed pathoma videos and completed most of NBME Qbanks. From all these, I can say that First Aid, Rx, U-World, and Pathoma were excellent. NBME questions and Kaplan Qbank were waste of time.

Rx qbank score: 66% (234); Rx diagnostic: 237

Kaplan qbank: 67% (238); Diagnostic 73% (247)

NBME (Med-school sponsored) - 230 (81)

U-World qbank 69% (249); Dx#1 (236); Dx#2(240)

Free NBME - 87%;

NBME #1-7, #11, #13:    76%, 81%,81%,84%,82%,87%,88%,84%,82%

------------

Best estimates of score

NBME score = % x 1.45 = 240

U-world average = (236+240+249)/3 = 241

Calculator of "clinical review score estimator": 240 +/- 17

------------

Final score: 241

Here is my score report for Step 1: 241 (85)
My goal was to crack 250 and thus I studied hard for the exam and did 3 qbanks. Yet, for some reason my testing skills are not that great... In any case, 241 should be sufficient for almost any specialty.

By January 2012, I have read First Aid twice, after which I have started USMLE-Rx. Started Kaplan in March and finally U-World in mid-May. In addition, I reviewed pathoma videos and completed most of NBME Qbanks. From all these, I can say that First Aid, Rx, U-World, and Pathoma were excellent. NBME questions and Kaplan Qbank were waste of time.

Rx qbank score: 66% (234); Rx diagnostic: 237

Kaplan qbank: 67% (238); Diagnostic 73% (247)

NBME (Med-school sponsored) - 230 (81)

U-World qbank 69% (249); Dx#1 (236); Dx#2(240)

Free NBME - 87%;

NBME #1-7, #11, #13:    76%, 81%,81%,84%,82%,87%,88%,84%,82% - Average 82.7%

------------

Best estimates of score

NBME average score = % x 2.9 = 240

U-world average = (236+240+249)/3 = 241

Calculator of "clinical review score estimator": 240 +/- 17

------------

Final score: 241 [/quote]

I took my exam on Tuesday. I had taken UWSA 1 and 2 before and gotten 260 on the first and 252 on the second. When I finished my exam however, I directly realized the HUGE number of silly mistakes that I made that I should have avoided. Anyone had a similar feeling? how many were you marking in general during the actual exam and how many did you actually end up getting wrong? I think I had about 7 marked in two sections and then maybe an average of 13 for the other 5. My friend is saying I needed to get less than 7 wrong per block to get a 99 so im getting worried now :S

usmle step1
exam date 23 nov 2011
result date 14 dec 2011
score 231smiling face:confused

What you said it is very important.Thank you.

Hi Everybody
I need your help, if you don't mind!
I am 35 years old and want to practise in USA.

1. First of all do you think it is too late for me to get USMLE? What are your honest opinions?

2. I do not know the right strategy for the test. Everybody shows different ways. Someone says kaplan, the other FA! What are the right sources?

3. How should be the study schedule set on?

4. Is a 6-month-period enough?

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT IT. SHOW ME A WAY AND HELP ME BEFORE SAILING ON.

Thanks to everyone..

usmle step 1 score:206
nbme score 1 week before exam:198
not happy with my score.should i quit the usmle dream? any use going forward ! need your advice guys!

?

Hi

I read some opinions in this topic. I do not agree above ideal. We can find out some articles at about.com by using Google search.

someone ! am having an angina!! lol do i have a chance

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: interviewquestionstoask.inf...athon-interview-questions/

Best regards.

Hi everyone!
i'm an IMG and just finished my first 3 years of med school. i'm thinking about taking the step 1. my question is do you think that FA, kaplan and some qbanks would be enough to pass the step with a very good score i.e. 235 or higher?

I presume i will take the test next summer. i'm reading that some people are learning from multiple books so i'm trying to decide my strategy. i've read FA a lil bit and the things seem quite familiar

hi dipaka
-just watch kaplan videos and read kaplan notes.to understand-one read enough
- then read first aid-its a review book.study it well .read it atleast 2-3 times
- goljan audio- if can his notes try downloading it(not rapid review)-once and a revision
-uworld qbank(www.usmleworld.com) last 2 months -study the answers well n revsie.revise first aid -
-nbme- its a self assessment . a month before the exam.the scores here are always +/- ure step 1 score
- last month revise uworld qbank notes and first aid again and again.

6-8 month study period.ul surely get a 99 ! best of luck

hi dipaka
-just watch kaplan videos and read kaplan notes.to understand-one read enough for understandin main
- then read first aid-its a review book.study it well .read it atleast 2-3 times
- goljan audio- if can his notes try downloading it(not rapid review)-once and a revision
-uworld qbank(www.usmleworld.com) last 2 months -study the answers well n revsie.revise first aid -
-nbme- its a self assessment . a month before the exam.the scores here are always +/- ure 10 of ure step 1 score
- last month revise uworld qbank notes and first aid again and again.

6-8 month study period.ul surely get a 99 ! best of luck

Angina84... you r doing fine depending on what type of specialty you want to do and whether you are an IMG or US graduate...

To be honest, your score lowers your chance of top specialties (neurosurgery, plastics, orthopedics, etc.)... However you should be fine with less competitive specialties such as psychiatry, family medicine, pediatrics, etc...

If you are thinking of doing a top specialty, then you will have to spend 1-2 years doing research with prominent researchers or volunteering in the hospital in that related field... no guarantee that you will get into that specialty but your chances will be dramatically increased (particularly with having a letter from the department chair or program director).

thanx a million prince!! smiling face) i am fine with psychiatry and family medicine.i like psychiatry infact! you made my day!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!!

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Exam Scores Thread > USMLE Step 2 CK
Exam Scores Thread > USMLE Step 3
Exam Prep Thread > USMLE step 2 CK
show Related resources

USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact