Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Interview questions?????????  

• 0/5

Author2 Posts

Hi everybody,

What kind of questions are usually asked in psych IVs? I mean besides general questions...I've been preparing my questions list and their answers...trying to be prepared for different and even tough questions....Besides MMSE and some basic knowledge in psychiatry what should I know for my IVs? I know it depends on the program, but I'd really appreciate if current residents or those with previous experience could shed some light on this smiling face

Thanks in advance smiling face

I think it will help:

Psychology has felt a lot of bad press, largely due to the stigma of its historic past as a non-scientific discipline, and the fact that it is a relatively new course (which always tarnishes fields as "popular" and "soft" as opposed to things like Maths or History). The subject is extremely popular, but graduates will always head towards a surprisingly diverse range of jobs due to a Psychology degree's versatility. It equips students with mathematical and statistical knowledge, critical thinking, logic, academic rigour, and many other very coveted qualities to an employer. There is in reality no disadvantage in having a good degree in Psychology, with employers more interested in the candidates themselves. Though it may sound a little crass, an employer with a rigid elitist view on Psychology might not be the perfect person to work for in any case.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Robbins questions vs webpath questions
Questions about Questions!
interview questions
show Related resources

Family Medicine (National Medical Series Questions and Answers for Independent Study)
Review Questions for Human Physiology
Review of Medical Physiology: Questions With Answers

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact