Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

answer please  

• 0/5

Author12 Posts

can a mother refuses transfusion which is life saving in accident case ,for her daughter old 14 years on religious ground?

please answer

If it is life saving, parent can not refuse life saving treatment, procedure, meds for kid up to age 18.

thanks a lot , mia

one more question --- who should give consent in case of pregnant girl old 17 yrs? girl herself or guardian?

Consent for what in pregnant girl?

You mean if she is pregnant 17 yo and in car accident , she still does not need content for life saving procedure.

Or what did you mean?

it is not mention,but i think its for medications and routine stuff.

i know that for prenatal care she can give consent. but what for other issue like some disease which is not affecting her pregnancy?

actually the question is from kaplan notes and they say guardian should give consent.

pleasse take a look at etics review question

I'm not sure what are you asking. Only parent and legal gardiant can give consent to treat minor in non-emergency situation, even if it is pregnant, unmarried,living w/parents and under parent's finantial care, than parent gives the consent.

please look at review question no.15 on page 171 in kaplan notes for ethics.

i am confused please help.

p.159, pregnancy or having a child in minor, in most case does not make competent.

So if 17 y.o., pregnant & dependent financially on parents ( or guardian), not married --> consent for non-emergent situation / treatment / elective procedure is from legal guardian and parent. Not from her. If she would be married, working and financially self-supporting and living independently than from her.

thanks alot , mia

you cleared my doughts.

good luck .

when are u giving the exam?

a pregnant minor is termed an emancipated. at such has a full consensual right to decide on certain issues like abortion or keepin the baby. neither the parents nor the doctor has the right to influence that.hope that helps....

a pregnant minor is termed an emancipated minor. at such has a full consensual right to decide on certain issues like abortion or keepin the baby. neither the parents nor the doctor has the right to influence that.hope that helps....

Agree!

Minors require parental consent for non-emergent medical treatments

However, in most states, minors can consent for pregnancy, STD, birth control, and drug or alcohol addiction. So in these situations, minors can be treated without parental consent. Such policy is intended to encourage minors to seek medical treatment for these potentially serious but treatable conditions.

Best,

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

how to answer this in an iv?
could you please answer this???
How to answer
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact